White screen and usb connection?

I was trying to delete soms music off a 16gb microsddhc card that’s in my 8gb Fuze when my computer suddenly said that my mp3 player had been disconected. When I checked the Fuze itself, it was still plugged in and the screen was white. So I reset it by pressing up the hold switch for about 15 seconds and when I turned it back on, everything was fine except that my music wasn’t deleted. I thought I’d try it one more time, only to have the same thing happen again. I just bought the Fuze about a week ago, and it’s been working fine (adding and deleting music) untill now. Does anyone know what’s happening? This if my fourth Fuze in the past month and a half, so if I can’t get this one to work, I’m done with it. Thanks in advance!

–Panda

What USB mode are you in? I have had the White Screen only once, and that was when I was connected in MSC mode and adding files when my computer froze and I had to do a hard restart. I did have a problem with MTP mode and disconnections while I was writing to the player, but never got the white screen. My Guess is that one of 2 things happened. Either your USB port stopped unexpectedly (it could happen if you were sending an extreme amount of data (It would be hard to do)), or you have a corrupted file on your player. I would try and format the card completely first, and if you get a problem I would try a different USB port, if that doesnt help try to format using a different computer, then reload. Have you tried using the on-board delete function (It doesnt work sometimes but its worth a shot)

A week old? Return it.

It could be something in your files, and I suspect it is because you have had repeated troubles. What went wrong with the previous ones?

It could also be the card. 

But you should not have to deal with this in a new unit. If you really don’t want to replace it, you can try replacing the firmware manually–instructions in a sticky near the top of the Fuze forum page. You could also try it without the 16GB card in case that is causing problems.

Or you could try one more replacement. Send your albums over a few at a time, and let the database absorb them. Don’t have your computer doing a zillion things while it’s connected to the Fuze.  See if the 16GB card works in a reader or another microSD device.

Four bad Fuzes seems extremely improbable, but you never know. 

Black-Rectangle wrote:

…Four bad Fuzes seems extremely improbable, but you never know. 

I’ve had three.

@black_rectangle wrote:

A week old? Return it.

It could be something in your files, and I suspect it is because you have had repeated troubles. What went wrong with the previous ones?

It could also be the card. 

But you should not have to deal with this in a new unit. If you really don’t want to replace it, you can try replacing the firmware manually–instructions in a sticky near the top of the Fuze forum page. You could also try it without the 16GB card in case that is causing problems.

Or you could try one more replacement. Send your albums over a few at a time, and let the database absorb them. Don’t have your computer doing a zillion things while it’s connected to the Fuze.  See if the 16GB card works in a reader or another microSD device.

Four bad Fuzes seems extremely improbable, but you never know. 

I know it’s totally unlikely, but they’ve all had different problems. This is the only one that’s had issues concerning the card, so I really don’t think that’s what’s causing it. I used to have a Fuze that worked really well, but my friend stepped on it and it broke. I guess I’m just unluky with the units I happen to buy lol