SanDisk Fanatic

White screen...again...

Oh, no! Another White Screen of Death thread! Sorry...

I'm pretty sure there's no hope for it now. This morning, I turned it on to find a mexican polka radio station (I do not listen to it, I just thought that was funny), and When I turned it on, I was greeted by a bright white screen, and I thought to myself, "Aw, crap." I plugged the earphones in and I heard the sound of a blank radio station, so it worked, except for the screen.

I searched the forum, before you ask, and either nothing helped, or I didn't search deep enough. I tried to install V01.01.26 or whatever it is, and even V01.01.22 (which worked extremely well for me) manually, and niether worked. I came to the conclusion to format it through the computer. I have two problems:

1. It won't let me back up anything, saying it's not funtioning and...

2. I have no clue how to format it through the computer.

I would appriciate any help.

The Saxmaster

"To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity."-Douglas Adams

Re: White screen...again...

on windows xp you go to start>my computer> then lookl for your removable fuze then you right click format make sure you do a full format not quick
SanDisk Fanatic

Will I lose the firmware?

The Saxmaster

"To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity."-Douglas Adams

SanDisk Guru

You won't lose the firmware. You WILL lose your music.
SanDisk Fanatic

I already tried to back up my music but it wouldn't let me. Okay. I'm going to do it now.

The Saxmaster

SanDisk Fanatic

Okay. First of all... No. It did not work. Second, I cannot tell if I did a full format or not. Third, the computer's telling me I have 115mb used. Fourth, Is there anything else I can do?

The Saxmaster

SanDisk Guru

As long as the box for quick format ISN'T checked, then you did a full format.  And it was done in FAT 32. 
SanDisk Fanatic

When I right click Internal Memory it says Explore, Open, Format, and Properties. I clicked Format and it gave me a message saying that I will lose all data, and I clicked ok. There was no option for a quick or full format unless I did something wrong.

The Saxmaster

SanDisk Guru

My guess is that you're in MTP mode, not MSC correct?  The dialog box for a full format shows up for MSC.

SanDisk Fanatic

I tried to fully format it (I figured it out) and it said it was unable to complete it, and now there's nothing under the drive.

Now what?

The Saxmaster