Where to Download TV/Movie Clips?

Where to Download TV/Movie Clips?

My son got the “Fuze” Sansa

Any Help?

Evan

Well, downloading copyrighted material is illeagal, so don’t ask, but, if your find a clip or small portion (being less than five minutes) of your favorite TV Show/Movie, say, on youtube, your can download it. Watch your favorite video on youtube, or other sites, and copy the address from the address bar. The go to www.Keepvid.com and paste the adress in the designated area. It will give you links, if any, to download the movie. If possible, download the .mp4 version if you can, then open it in Sansa Media Converter. If it is in the .flv version, you may or may not have to convert it; I dont know is SMC will handle native .flv files.

Mark.

Nope,you have to convert .flv files. 

Check out DVD Video Soft for a cool YouTube downloader application.  The reslting captures load through the SMC beautifully.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Get a youtube.com downloader/converter and you can put anything on youtube.com on your Sanza. I use KeepV Flasher downloader and converter then AVS Video Converter to finish the job. Sometimes the Video will download but the sound won’t come with it, or I am not smart enough to figure it out either way I have 9 or 10 music videos from Youtube.com on there and there pretty cool.

Best of luck to ya.

I have aboout 13 videos on my FUze from youtube. Mainly Van Halen mvs, but I got some comedic Jim Carrey stuff on there to :smileyvery-happy:.

I just download on keepvid, and when SMC vommits it up, I just convert it using VLC. Then SMC sends it off good. But I will have to try your methods, Spot and Bob. Thanks. May the better method win :wink:.

Mark

I haven’t yet searched, but I hear that archived episodes of old TV shows are now available to enjoy.  Check with cbs.com and other networks.  My brother told me he’s found archived episodes of the Outer Limits and the original Star Trek episodes, among other things, available to enjoy- and no, they aren’t illegal copies, either!

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been downloading public domain movies at archives.org. It’s been working well, they have a good selection of oldies. I have six old movies on two 2g cards. Of course there is the ridiculous problem of the audio going out of sync. I’ve heard others say that the screen is to small  for comfortable viewing, but I disagree.

I bought the pay version of E.M DVD copy, and have only copied two of my DVDs out of about 5 trys. It can sure be frustrating.

imo, Sandisk would be better served to release movies on the micro cards! I won’t be buying any music, but bring on the movies!

I also download youtube videos. I buy my music mp3 at amazon, and like the convenience. Why doesn’t anyone sell unprotected mp4’s?

Which brings up the question, Is it legal to save music videos from youtube to my fuze?

@ickster wrote:

I’ve been downloading public domain movies at archives.org. It’s been working well, they have a good selection of oldies. I have six old movies on two 2g cards. Of course there is the ridiculous problem of the audio going out of sync. I’ve heard others say that the screen is to small  for comfortable viewing, but I disagree.

imo, Sandisk would be better served to release movies on the micro cards! I won’t be buying any music, but bring on the movies!

I’ve also got some shows from archives.org.  I like adding a few tv shows to my cards, then when I finish a movie, but want to continue watching something I can swtich to a short tv show.

Also, Rhapsody will convert flv files and transfer them to the Fuze.  This makes it happen in one step.