When is the next firmware for the fuze coming out?

@sr_rox wrote:

I would like to have these options added to the upcoming firmware.

1.A music search option. Explain:wink:

2.When a song is playing an option to browse songs from the same artist. You already can! :wink:

3.Support for WMV.

4.Support for tagged album art.

5.Compatibility with other video transfer softwares other than SMC.

Ill be really happy if these options can be included in the upcoming firmware or later firmwares if possible :smiley:

SR

Marvin Martian wrote:

2.When a song is playing an option to browse songs from the same artist. You already can! :wink:

3.Support for WMV.

Ill be really happy if these options can be included in the upcoming firmware or later firmwares if possible :smiley:

1.Explanation for 1st point:a music search option like the music search option that come with iPods.

2.This is what I mean for the 2nd point:When you are playing a random song using the option play all in the fuze and when you press back to music list you don’t get results from the same artist.You get all the songs listed.I want an option to browse songs from the same artist immediately like the option in the 4th gen iPod nano. :smileyvery-happy:

HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY POINT

Thanks,

SR

@sr_rox wrote:

@marvin Martian wrote:

3.Support for WMV.

1.Explanation for 1st point:a music search option like the music search option that come with iPods.

2.This is what I mean for the 2nd point:When you are playing a random song using the option play all in the fuze and when you press back to music list you don’t get results from the same artist.You get all the songs listed.I want an option to browse songs from the same artist immediately like the option in the 4th gen iPod nano. :smileyvery-happy:

HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY POINT

Thanks,

SR

1. I’ve never had an iPod, so I’m not familiar with their search function and how it works :smiley:

2. You can go to the artist list and select that artist, but I guess it would be an extra step beyond what you are describing(still easily done in a couple seconds)  and again, never having used an iPod, I can’t be exactly sure what you’re describing :wink:

if you want that feature then get a frickin ipod and leave us alone. I cant wait for the new firmware. maybe instead of calling it 1.01.22 or whatever give it a name like “The Evolution” and dont forget those new wallpaper colors like White, Black and Red.

@anyatui wrote:
if you want that feature then get a frickin ipod and leave us alone. I cant wait for the new firmware. maybe instead of calling it 1.01.22 or whatever give it a name like “The Evolution” and dont forget those new wallpaper colors like White, Black and Red.

I dont know what you know about the Fuze but all of those are seemingly doable. its not to much to request and there is no reason to say “Go away” when a reasonalbe request is made. The key thing here is this… YOU HAVE TO WAIT! Nothing is instant when it has to be developed writen and tested, so make your player work for now and be patient who knows what we will get in upcomming FWs

I’m just still wondering if anything is being done to make the go list, you know, useable?

Heck, I’d be glad lose several of the current features just to be able to add stuff to a playing go list on the fly.

Album art? Background art? Videos? Photo albums? Who cares - I just want basic jukebox functionality.

@goneblank wrote:

I’m just still wondering if anything is being done to make the go list, you know, useable?

Heck, I’d be glad lose several of the current features just to be able to add stuff to a playing go list on the fly.

Album art? Background art? Videos? Photo albums? Who cares - I just want basic jukebox functionality.

What is the problem you have with the go list? The last firmware enabled adding entire artist and Alum to the go list, and if you are talking about the 1-2 seconds you have to wait,  thats an unavoidable thing, the fuze has to process your input. I went back and read you other post about this issue,and I bet its just hard enough to do so it wont happen, Seems to me I would add more songs to the Go list, then load a single track from the song menu to play and then when thats over go back to the go list.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-28-2009 12:50 AM

@goneblank wrote:

Make it usable? I find it easy as can be…it’s actually the only playlist I’ve ever bothered with. So, just to make sure I’m understanding you,  you want the option to add more to it while it’s already playing?

I’m in agreement on video…I don’t use it or add photos, I even uninstalled SMC. Album art is cool, but I don’t stress if it doesn’t work. 

@tapeworm wrote:

@d_headshot wrote:

Will that firmware have more ID3 tag display such as year, bitrate, comment, disc number, etc.?

Also do you know if the clip will be getting that type of update sometime in the future too?

I haven’t heard there will be any more ID3 tag info displayed on the player in the next release, but I think they are working on it for the future, probably accessed through the ‘sub-menu’ while a song is playing.

The Clip just got an un-announced update a week ago. :smiley:

Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking about the submenu. Or maybe pressing the center button while the song is playing.

To clarify, yes the issue I have with the go list is that you have to stop and restart it to have new things show up.

I guess I’m just beginning to realize that what I took for granted as a no-brainer feature that all mp3 players should have, just isn’t so important to other users.

Believer it or not, the last mp3 player I had before my fuze was an old Nomad Jukebox 3 and my first reaction to the fuze was utter disbelief that it didn’t have this basic (and in my case most used) feature that my 5+ year old mp3 player had. Again, I’ve never used a ipod or such, but I’d always just assumed that any $100-ish mp3 these days had that good old “now playing” list that you could just keep adding stuff to.

I realize it’s not a huge burden to have to stop and restart the list, but it’s enough of a annoyance that I just don’t ever use the go list because of it. The other factor is that it just doesn’t work when you’re using it to play music through a stereo at a party or get together and want to keep adding songs without disrupting the music.

@conversionbox wrote:

@anyatui wrote:

I dont know what you know about the Fuze but all of those are seemingly doable. its not to much to request and there is no reason to say “Go away” when a reasonalbe request is made. The key thing here is this… YOU HAVE TO WAIT! Nothing is instant when it has to be developed writen and tested, so make your player work for now and be patient who knows what we will get in upcomming FWs

Nicely said CB.   I’ve stayed away (or rather just bit my tongue and kept silent) for a few days on the main fuze board simply because many posts have turned into “Romper Room”  (if your old enough to understand that reference…you’re old).

Let’s face it, there will never be a perfect player for all users, so you basically have to decide if the feature-set in the fuze is right for you.  Since I’m an “audio guy”, that’s all that is important to me, but I realize that for others all the other features, including video are equally important to them.

The bottom line is that I hope all this firmware tweaking doesn’t load the player down with features I don’t need; or worse yet, cause Sandisk to raise their prices…

winavi can convert video file that fuze support. you can copy & paste a video from computer to player or card directly.

for more detail you must search it in Sansa Media Converter topic. hope you enjoy ^^

@goneblank wrote:

To clarify, yes the issue I have with the go list is that you have to stop and restart it to have new things show up.

I guess I’m just beginning to realize that what I took for granted as a no-brainer feature that all mp3 players should have, just isn’t so important to other users.

Believer it or not, the last mp3 player I had before my fuze was an old Nomad Jukebox 3 and my first reaction to the fuze was utter disbelief that it didn’t have this basic (and in my case most used) feature that my 5+ year old mp3 player had. Again, I’ve never used a ipod or such, but I’d always just assumed that any $100-ish mp3 these days had that good old “now playing” list that you could just keep adding stuff to.

I realize it’s not a huge burden to have to stop and restart the list, but it’s enough of a annoyance that I just don’t ever use the go list because of it. The other factor is that it just doesn’t work when you’re using it to play music through a stereo at a party or get together and want to keep adding songs without disrupting the music.

The party situation that you describe,I would simply use shuffle in that instance. :smiley:

fuze_owner-GB wrote:

Nicely said CB.   I’ve stayed away (or rather just bit my tongue and kept silent) for a few days on the main fuze board simply because many posts have turned into “Romper Room”  (if your old enough to understand that reference…you’re old).

Heyyyy . . . I remember Romper Room. I thought that gal was HOT! :stuck_out_tongue:

And Shari Lewis with her sock-puppet ‘Lambchop". Even in black & white, I could tell she was a smokin’ redhead.

But . . . What about Cap’t. Kangaroo?

(No, I’m not asking if you thought he was hot, but just if you remember him) :smileyvery-happy:

I prefer the term ‘more-experienced’ or ‘well-seasoned’ to the ‘O’ word. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Heyyyy . . . I remember Romper Room. I thought that gal was HOT! :stuck_out_tongue:

And Shari Lewis with her sock-puppet ‘Lambchop". Even in black & white, I could tell she was a smokin’ redhead.

But . . . What about Cap’t. Kangaroo?

(No, I’m not asking if you thought he was hot, but just if you remember him) :smileyvery-happy:

I prefer the term ‘more-experienced’ or ‘well-seasoned’ to the ‘O’ word. :wink:

Of course I remember Captain Kangaroo… and Mr. Greenjeans…Mr. Moose and all the rest…I loved that show!!!

Ah, I see you’re well-seasoned too! :smileyvery-happy:

What’s an iPod?

:wink:

SilverZero wrote:

What’s an iPod?

:wink:

Dopi spelled backwards. :stuck_out_tongue:

@d_headshot wrote:

Will that firmware have more ID3 tag display such as year, bitrate, comment, disc number, etc.?

Also do you know if the clip will be getting that type of update sometime in the future too?

While (some of us) are making wish lists [:-D], I’d like:

subgenres and for the month/day/year (or day/month/year) to be displayed next to the time - at least as an option like how I was able to turn the time to military time. And to make it so that the volume can be changed using the Fuze when it’s connected to one of the speaker-machines; currently, the volume buttons on the speaker have to be used which was not the case for older firmware versions.  While not important, if I had *any* option of background color, I would pick gray or metallic, or let a picture be used.  I have no clue as to the technology/programming needed for all this, however! 

@fotomaker wrote:

winavi can convert video file that fuze support. you can copy & paste a video from computer to player or card directly.

for more detail you must search it in Sansa Media Converter topic. hope you enjoy ^^

How? There seem to be three different files made, at least when converting from .mp4: a AVI file, a THM file, and Real/Rhapsody file.