What speakers do you all have?

I need to get speakers and am somewhat befuddled (which could also be my age).  What is the most popular speakers w/docking and charger all in one?  One with an a/c plug would be best.

Thanks!     Judy

iTrip

(google it)

sennheiser hd 212 when they come in… right know i’m using some phillips in ear earbuds.

I don’t think the itrip will work. The Sansa plug is NOT compatable with the ipod plug. You run the risk of ruining your Fuze.

The altec lancing 413 is about it for docking speakers. I have it and really like it.

I got a set of folding (amplified) speakers ( for $6.99) at Tuesday morning  that I use more.  They take 3 aaa batteries that last forever. I got a pair of the philips speakers cheep(they looked like an egg) at linens and things close out…didn’t like them, too distorted.

If you can find the Sonic Impact brand Portable speakers " Flat panel multimedia speakers with built-in ultra high efficency amplifier" at your local Tuesday morning, snag them up. I like mine so much,I went back and bought a spare set.

But as far as a dock, the 413 is about it, I’m afraid. If it says Sansa compatable, you are OK.

Message Edited by ickster on 12-05-2008 03:01 PM

Thanks ickster!  I look up the Sonic brand but there are quite a few.  Which one did you get?  Which item number, since they all look so different.

Thanks!  Judy

If I remember correctly Judy, you want these for use in your car…so my question is, what kind of radio set-up is in your car? You said you didn’t want an FM transmitter, and the one that I heard sounded like, well , FM on an old car radio. So if you had a Cassette deck in your car there’s adaptors for that. the little speakers approach you’ve asked about reminds me of my first car with my boombox on the front seat(no offense) :smiley:

Marvin, I replied once but I’m not sure how that ended up of even went through. To answer your question, I have an '07 Class C so have a CD changer in my radio. What do you suggest? Judy

I was hoping beyond all hope that the head unit of your car radio would have a simple 3.5 mm auxiliary jack, and that you could plug your player right in. By any chance is this the case? It could be on the head unit, or, depending on where the cd changer is located, maybe on there *crosses fingers* :smiley:

Judy,

Model 5006. Being that they are at Tuesday Morning, they may be discontinued.

I neglected to point out that these speakers plug into the headphone jack.

And FYI, I use an fm transmitter in my car. I’m happy with the sound quality, but I’m not much of an audiophile.

Message Edited by ickster on 12-06-2008 08:02 AM

I just googled “sonic impact portable speaker 5006”, and the ones shown are not quite like mine. I’m not sure what the third piece is, a standalone amplifier maybe? Mine included just two speakers, cables, and carry bag.

I was hoping beyond all hope that the head unit of your car radio would have a simple 3.5 mm auxiliary jack, and that you could plug your player right in. By any chance is this the case? It could be on the head unit, or, depending on where the cd changer is located, maybe on there *crosses fingers* Marvin, I just read your post so went out to check my RV radio. It does have a teeny jack on it that says “aux” on top of it. Is that what you mean? If so, can I just buy a special cord to go between it and my Fuze? Gosh, that would really be simple. Judy

Judy, Model 5006. Being that they are at Tuesday Morning, they may be discontinued. I neglected to point out that these speakers plug into the headphone jack. And FYI, I use an fm transmitter in my car. I’m happy with the sound quality, but I’m not much of an audiophile. Message Edited by ickster on 12-06-2008 08:02 AM Thanks, ickster, but I do not want any headphones. I just need to get speakers for a dock station. Judy Solution?

@topdogjudy wrote:
I was hoping beyond all hope that the head unit of your car radio would have a simple 3.5 mm auxiliary jack, and that you could plug your player right in. By any chance is this the case? It could be on the head unit, or, depending on where the cd changer is located, maybe on there *crosses fingers* Marvin, I just read your post so went out to check my RV radio. It does have a teeny jack on it that says “aux” on top of it. Is that what you mean? If so, can I just buy a special cord to go between it and my Fuze? Gosh, that would really be simple. Judy

THe teeny jack that says "aux " is what you need! You just need a double-ended mini-plug…then one end goes in your headphone jack, the other goes in the “aux” jack. Leave the Equalizer of the Fuze on “normal”, turn the volume of it up to about 90%, and you should be good to go! :smileyvery-happy:

Edit: they’re really cheap too! just ask for a 3.5 mm-3.5mm cord (or 1/8inch-1/8inch) I have a retractable one I got for around $10 at a grocery store and it works fine :wink:

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 12-06-2008 02:11 PM

Thanks Marvin for the info. That is such a neat idea and way better than what I was thinking of. Wish you could see me widely smiling. I’m really excited. Now I will get going with getting my Fuze charged and set up. Judy

@topdogjudy wrote:
Thanks Marvin for the info. That is such a neat idea and way better than what I was thinking of. Wish you could see me widely smiling. I’m really excited. Now I will get going with getting my Fuze charged and set up. Judy

Enjoy it! :smiley: