What are the technical specs that have to be considered when buying a wall charger for the fuze?

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@tenzip wrote:

Anything 500mA or more is fine.   The Fuze has a charging circuit built in that will never take more than it needs.

Basically, if the charger is designed for a USB device, it should workDon’t worry too much about it.

Lot of blind faith working there.  Basically, most of these devices designed for charging are junk.  Some work, some don’t.  I for one am concerned about said devices because I know what kind of quality control goes into them…not much.

Just like anything a person purchases; if you do a bit of leg work and checking you can find the ones that are manufacturered by a reputable company and will stand behind what they sell.

That’s what I’m saying, it should work.  Is there a chance that the QC is poor and it’s going to not work, or worse, toast your device?  Sure, there’s always that chance.  But your common, run of the mill USB charger SHOULD work.  Spend what you want, buy from where you want.  I use my Blackberry AC charger in the car with a power inverter, and PC USB everywhere else.  

The specs for USB chargers are set.  5V, 500mA.  I believe, though I haven’t looked, that the Blackberry charger can provide more current if needed.  Every USB charger available should meet those specs.