What are the technical specs that have to be considered when buying a wall charger for the fuze?

@gwk1967 wrote:

@peregrine wrote:

I think you guys are nuts. The thing I posted a pic of is a very simple piece of equipment. They have been around for years. They are all the same. There are no “specs”. The generic one I got on Ebay is NO different then the one Griffin sells… except the price.

I got my happy little $3.00 Ebay charger and it didn’t fry my unit. The cable is a Fuze ready, all the adapter does is convert voltage to run down the USB cord. $25 vs $12 and some cases?!?

Message Edited by Peregrine on 04-24-2009 02:43 PM

Message Edited by Peregrine on 04-24-2009 02:49 PM

Not entirely true. All AC or DC -to-USB adapters (should) deliver the same VOLTAGE, but the AMPERAGE varies widely. A 500mA adapter will charge your player faster than a 200mA adapter, assuming the player is designed to draw more than 200mA peak during charging.

If these devices are designed and manufactured properly (which many are not) everything should be fine.  That is my point.  These products are outsourced to the lowest bidder and many times these units do indeed do damage to the products they are connected to.

Caveat Emptor!!