Weird problem last night

I turned on the Fuze last night and a track from an album I was listening to was playing, track 14/14. I then connected the Fuze to the computer to add another track to the same album making it a total of 15 tracks, that went through without a problem. Then I decided finish listening to a podcast I was listening to earlier in the day, I was already 14 minutes into the podcast and decided to resume from there. 35 min into the podcast the The Fuze turned off all of a sudden.  The Fuze wouldn’t turn back on, I tried holding the power switch on, connected it to the computer and nothing would happen, it was as if it completely died. 10 to 15 minutes into trying to turn the Fuze on it finally did, but  I noticed that it went back to the 14th track of album I was listening to before I decided to play the podcast, I also noticed that the 15th track I added was gone, also the player would not let skip or go back to other tracks. I pressed the home button and went back the podcast I was listening to before it turned off and the podcast also went back to 14 min in. It was as if the player skipped back to when I first turned it on. I went back to the album and the 15th track was there again. Any idea what might have happened?

Could be:

Sunspots.

Poltergeist.

UFOs.

The Wicked Witch of the MP3s.

But I think that somehow your database didn’t refresh fully, for reasons unknown.

I would consult the proton flux report for current solar radiation information.

Actually, what may have happened is part of the resetting process.  If you restart the player following a freeze, the device will resume operation from the last saved position.  Each time the device is normally powered down, this information is stored.  If the device freezes without updating this file, the last position will be used for the restart.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Actually, what may have happened is part of the resetting process.  If you restart the player following a freeze, the device will resume operation from the last saved position.  Each time the device is normally powered down, this information is stored.  If the device freezes without updating this file, the last position will be used for the restart.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

That doesn’t make any sense. Poltergiest sounds more logical, I haven’t had any problems since that incident so I think they’re gone now.

Although I am happy to take full credit for the poltergeist theory, Bob’s explanation does make sense.

It’s the same thing that can happen when your computer crashes. On restart, it goes back to the last known stable state. That would be like the Fuze going back to its previous database, before all the excitement began. Song 15 is there, but it wasn’t listed in the database before the crash, so it’s not shown  until the next refresh.