Want Gapless Playback? Register Your Interest Here!

Gapless would make it perfect (although I would love to be able to save the go list)

Who in their right mind would NOT want gapless playback  :)

A smiley from sansafix? Interesting.

So when is the next firmware due?

Yes, please. Gapless is the one thing needed to make this the perfect player.

@scarista wrote:
Yes, please. Gapless is the one thing needed to make this the perfect player.

I’d kinda like to see a dedicated volume, like the Clip, too.:wink:

Gapless playback:  yes please

I want my playless gap back too.

µsansa

Ehhh…Gapless isn’t a big deal for me.  I restore and edit music for a living and it’s quite easy for me to make the small transititions between tracks; even on seamless pieces, non-problematic.

@davecs wrote:

It would be a nice addition, however, Linux/KDE desktop users can use Konqueror to read a CD as one mighty ogg or mp3 file, then use something like audacity to split those tracks where there ARE gaps. You can rip individual tracks as well then discard what you don’t need afterwards.

If you don’t mind having weird rips, theres also the --nogap option in lame, which will allow MP3s to be played gaplessly on any MP3 player.  But be warned, it tends to make track boundaries a little bit odd, since it stitches the end of one track with the start of the next in order to ensure that each “track” ends exactly on an MP3 frame boundary (and thus no gap need be inserted).  So if you skip to one track you might hear a bit of the previous track before the one you want begins.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:
  I restore and edit music for a living 

Can you do anything about the loudness war? :smileyvery-happy:

saratoga wrote: 

If you don’t mind having weird rips, theres also the --nogap option in lame, which will allow MP3s to be played gaplessly on any MP3 player.  But be warned, it tends to make track boundaries a little bit odd, since it stitches the end of one track with the start of the next in order to ensure that each “track” ends exactly on an MP3 frame boundary (and thus no gap need be inserted).  

That solves half the problem.  To play gapless, the mp3 player still has to be able to start the next track immediately after the current one finishes.  That generally means prebuffering, which which many players (inclusing Sansa) don’t do.

Still a good trick to know.  Thanks. 

@marvin_martian wrote:

Can you do anything about the loudness war? :smileyvery-happy:

I think the best solution is to buy music from places that let you listen first.

I would love to have gapless playback as well.

Mitch

Gapless!!!

Gapless!!!

Gapless!!!

Gapless!!!

Gapless!!!

Gapless!!!

Gapless!!!

Gapless!!!

I want Gapless!!!

:wink:

Seriously, it’s the one thing I need to stop dreaming about a Fuze Rockbox port…

Message Edited by CacaPizza on 06-24-2009 11:16 AM

@cacapizza wrote:

Gapless!!!

Gapless!!!

Gapless!!!

Gapless!!!

Gapless!!!

Gapless!!!

Gapless!!!

Gapless!!!

I want Gapless!!!

:wink:

Seriously, it’s the one thing I need to stop dreaming about a Fuze Rockbox port…

Message Edited by CacaPizza on 06-24-2009 11:16 AM

That, and support for a FOSS video format.

Isn’t it funny how many of us here are current or ex Karma owners.  Crying shame Rio went to the wall.

For the record I love my Fuze too, and gapless playback is the only big thing missing at the moment in my eyes.

@mngrif wrote:

…I would be far more than happy if by gapless you meant “getting rid of any and all clicks and nosies and gaps between tracks so they play as if in a decent CD player as they were mastered by the artist”…

Erm, that is what we mean by “gapless.” Utterly seamless (non-clicky, non-poppy, non-gappy) track-to-track playback.

Add my vote to the list. Gapless playback of LAME-encoded MP3s and fully-editable/saveable on-the-fly playlists are my two biggest wishes for the Fuze.

Gapless is probably the one feature I’m wishing for most right now. I’ve got a lot of floyd. And other gapless albums.

Message Edited by Bobberticus on 06-26-2009 12:24 PM

It is just so annoying this issue of not having gapless playback. So many of my albums are mixed together and split by tracks, the Fuze totally ruins the album and makes them unlistenable due to the gap.

I could combine the tracks into one track but then that would mean having to fast forward through potentially 80 minutes of audio to get to a track I want to listen to. Also not having a bookmark feature also means there is no quick fix way to make this method kinda work without fast forwarding through the whole long track.

@2stepsteve wrote:

It is just so annoying this issue of not having gapless playback. So many of my albums are mixed together and split by tracks, the Fuze totally ruins the album and makes them unlistenable due to the gap.

I could combine the tracks into one track but then that would mean having to fast forward through potentially 80 minutes of audio to get to a track I want to listen to. Also not having a bookmark feature also means there is no quick fix way to make this method kinda work without fast forwarding through the whole long track.