WMP sync only loads at 192

Hey folks, new guy here.

I was poking around to find out how to get my 320kbps ripped songs in WMP to load onto the fuze at the same bit rate. It currently loads at 192. Is this a limitation of WMP or is this limited by operator inability??

When I do use Mp3 I do it at 320 kbps, and I have never had a problem.

Right click on the Sansa Fuze on the left pane of WMP, and choose advanced options. Choose the quality tab, and unclick “Covert, music, pictures, videos, and TV shows required by this device.”

Unless you are using files with DRM (digital rights muck) information, you don’t need bossy old WMP at all.

Put the unit in MSC mode (under Settings/USB) and just drag your mp3s right on over. 

Your computer can only see one mode at a time, MSC or MTP, so files transferred in the other mode will not show up when connected. If that bothers you, connect in MTP, take them off the unit, and send them back over in MSC. But the Fuze itself will see all the music on there, from either mode. 

If you are using WMP for playlisting, there are various other programs–Winamp, Media Monkey–that will do playlists in MSC mode. 

I’ve been doing that and in the quality tab I get a sliding scale from 64-192kbps for music. I don’t see the option you are referring to (WMP 11).

I’ve also been messing with media monkey but it looks a bit more complicated to set up. I work long hours so i don’t get the time to play and learn MM as much as I need to get it set up properly. I’m not the most tech savvy these days obviously.

@loug wrote:

I’ve been doing that and in the quality tab I get a sliding scale from 64-192kbps for music. I don’t see the option you are referring to (WMP 11).

That’s not where you can choose to rip at 320 kbps. The Quality tab of the “SANSA FUZE Properties” dialog only controls how WMP will try to convert your files if the “Convert music, pictures, videos…” box is checked. Un check that box. Now when you sync your files, they’ll stay at the bitrate they were ripped at. Then go to Tools>Options>Rip music, and there you can select MP3 at 320kbps.

That cleared it up for me.

Thanks everyone!