WHEN TO CHARGE FUZE BATTERY

MY BATTERY SHOWS IT IS HALF USED  UP. IS NOW THE TIME TO CHARGE ?  IF SO, DO I JUST PLUG IT INTO MY COMPUTER AND HOW LONG WOULD THAT TAKE TO CHARGE ??

Are you sure it doesn’t say…half full?  The Fuze uses a variable charge rate, first at a high rate, then it tapers off.  A full charge from zero takes about 3 hours.  If you plan on flying out the door, a quick top-off is possible, if you plug in for a wee while.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

When to charge is up to you. Storing the player in a fully charged state for a long period of time will accelerate permanent deterioration of the battery. This effect is especially significant in hot temperatures, while in low temperatures it is much less of a factor. I wouldn’t worry about this too much unless you are in a very hot climate without air conditioning, and use your player infrequently. At 140 degrees F, the battery might lose 40% of its power holding capacity if left fully charged for just 3 months. This is also a reminder for people not to leave a player in a car during the summer months.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ion_battery

Another stupid question, does the FUZE have to be TURNED OF during charging or can I leave it off ???  Its taking a long time to charge !

If you plug in your Fuze, it should power up when plugged in to power.  The display backlight will then automatically time out.  The Fuze’s processor manages the charging process, so the device must actually be “ON” to charge.

If you force it to power down, it will not charge.

Bob  :wink:

I think I posted this in another thread . . . that asked the exact same question.

Plug in the Fuze every night to top it off, and run the battery completely down and fully recharge it once a month.