Voice Recording date 01-01-80

Yes, that is the device I meant.  I taped the same talk with the Fuze while a friend taped it with his HR2.  I have both files here for comparison purposes, and for burning the better one to CD.  The HR2 is stereo rather than mono and has a higher sampling rate than the Fuze; the sound quality is fuller and more lifelike.  Volumes are comparable, even though in one case the Fuze was closer to the speaker and in another, much futher back.  The quality of the Fuze recording considerably exceeded my expectations.  I really didn’t think one of the sessions I recorded would even be audible but it is quite OK to listen to.

Adding an external mike to the HR2 would probably have made the quality even better by improving rejection of external noises, coughs, etc. Of course, that’s impossible with the Fuze as it has no mic-in capability.

I can’t give you any real evaluation of the HR2 as I haven’t used it myself.  I’ve read there are some restrictions on mic’s that can be used with it.  (I was thinking about using it with a wireless lavalier mic, so did a very quick peek at reports using google search.)