Using Headphone Jack to Audio Input

Trying to use my 4GB Fuze to connect to external audio device.  Using the standard FUZE audio out (Headphone Jack) to connect to any audio input, BOSE Radio or compatible or home stereo unit.  When plugged into the aux input on my Bose Compatible radio it does not seem to have enough power to perform this task.  “Click, click, etc.”  Darn Ipod seems to be fine in this config.  Any thoughts out there?  I am sure this issue is relevant to many.  Could not seem to find a good thread on it.

Thanks.

Turn up the volume to the max, make sure your volume setting is set to HIGH  under settings.

Also,  the Fuze Heaphone output is floating above ground,  if the input expects a swing about GND,  you will need to use some  AC coupling Caps to connect it.  Using the Griffin Dock Station with its line out might solve the problem.

@sansafix wrote:
Also,  the Fuze Heaphone output is floating above ground,  if the input expects a swing about GND,  you will need to use some  AC coupling Caps to connect it.  Using the Griffin Dock Station with its line out might solve the problem.

The radio I connect to at work using the Fuze headphone jack is somewhat overdriven when the Fuze volume is all the way up so I have to turn the Fuze down 3-4 notches for good audio. At home the radio I connect to is very weak using the Fuze headphone jack but using the line out on the docking station works just fine. I guess it depends on what the circuts in the connecting device need.

Yes, sensitivity varies depending upon the computer speakers, accessory speaker set, FM modulator, car radio, et cetera.  The variable volume level of the headphone jack can come in handy.

The 30 pin output being also variable can be quite useful, as configured on teh Fuze.  The Griffin dock works quite well, as long as you have 5v power supplied to the USB cable.  This output is stronger too.

Bob :wink: