Trying to downgrade my firmware...

After following the instructions to downgrade my firmware…it doesn’t seem to complete the process. I have followed the instructions to a “T”, but no go. I am still stuck w/ vers. 2.

After I drag the extracted file to the root directory, it doesn’t complete this step;

Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off. Turn it back on and once its back to the main menu, head to “System Settings” > “System Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 01.01.15"x".

It never shuts off…If I disconnect, turn off manually, it will still retain the latest firmware. I want to downgrade so I can install & use Rockbox. Has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks for your help! 

@katzfuse wrote:

After following the instructions to downgrade my firmware…it doesn’t seem to complete the process. I have followed the instructions to a “T”, but no go. I am still stuck w/ vers. 2.

After I drag the extracted file to the root directory, it doesn’t complete this step;

Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off. Turn it back on and once its back to the main menu, head to “System Settings” > “System Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 01.01.15"x".

It never shuts off…If I disconnect, turn off manually, it will still retain the latest firmware. I want to downgrade so I can install & use Rockbox. Has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks for your help! 

You can’t use Rockbox on a Rev. 2 Fuze. The Rev. 1 port is just recently completed, and it’s not even official or supported yet.

And no (if this is what you’re thinking), you cannot ‘downgrade’ from a Rev. 2 to a Rev. 1. Different hardware.

So I’m “stuck” w/ a newer firmware? I recently used the Sansa updater to get this newer firmware, maybe a few weeks ago. I don’t remember which vers. was on it from new. This seems odd; in any other device I have ever worked with, you were able to go any way you desired with firmware, up or down; Even mobo BIOS…

There are v1 and v2 Fuzes. Those are hardware, not firmware. You can’t use v1 firmware on a v2 because it is a materially different gadget.

Ok, I understand…How does one know which fuze one has?

To determine which revision Fuze you have:

On the device, go to Settings > System Settings > Info and read the top line of the display.  If the firmware version begins with 01, you have a revision 1 device; if it begins with 02, you have a revision 2.

µsansa