Transfer of music from Rhapsody library taking way too long.

I just bought a new Fuze 8gb (ver. 2.01.17), and using Rhapsody (4.634).  I am trying to transfer my music in the rhapsody library that I have pulled from cds.  1,000 tracks will take an estimated 5 hours!!!  Is that normal?.  I also have an e260 and it takes about 30min. for the same 1000 tracks.  What is going on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I talked to sansa support they said that they could not help me, and that I need to talk to rhapsody support.

Rhapsody support said that the reason it was taking so long is because it is a new player, and that as time goes by it will get use to it…huh?

Like a pair of shoes that need to get broken in.

Ziggy

Sorry… Using windows xp sp2

Yeah I also own a Sansa Fuze 8gig, it also takes a bit of time to transfer music. You’re not alone. I believe that it’s normal for the loading time to take that long. . . Estimations can vary give or take a few hours. So I’d update the player when you go to sleep, treat updating your player like defragging a computer.

@ziggy3984 wrote:

I just bought a new Fuze 8gb (ver. 2.01.17), and using Rhapsody (4.634).  I am trying to transfer my music in the rhapsody library that I have pulled from cds.  1,000 tracks will take an estimated 5 hours!!!  Is that normal?.  I also have an e260 and it takes about 30min. for the same 1000 tracks.  What is going on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I talked to sansa support they said that they could not help me, and that I need to talk to rhapsody support.

Rhapsody support said that the reason it was taking so long is because it is a new player, and that as time goes by it will get use to it…huh?

Like a pair of shoes that need to get broken in.

Ziggy

Completely normal. Dont worry about it for now.If on the other hand yougot to add some somgs next week andit takes forever… then you have grounds to worry.

When I did a drag and drop import to fill my 8 gig Fuze I think it took around 30 minutes, not sure exactly, but absolutly not 5 hours!

Either Rapsody is ■■■■, or you need to do some updating with windows. Be sure you are using a usb 2 port and not usb 1.0, and try updating your usb drivers.

The speed difference in transferring Rhasody tracks is due to the fact that they’re secure WMA format.  The files must be transferred with their embedded leaf licenses.

If you rip a CD track and select “copy protection”, then transfer this track to the device, you’ll find that the delay is the same.

µsansa

Except he says he ripped the music himself from CDs. Does that mean he ripped the music and Rhapsody added copy protection to them? If so what a waste of time. I guess he should have used winamp or wmp or something that wouldn’t have put a padlock on songs he already owned.

No, I think what microsansa means is that the program he used to rip the CDs may have added protection. Some programs (like Windows Media Player) even do this by default, so check your settings.