To-Go List bug -- adding while playing

There seems to be a bug with the to-go list on my Sansa Fuze 8gb (fw 2.01.17a).  After you start playing the list, any more songs added to the list won’t be played back.  You have to go back to the playlist and select a track (any track, even the current one playing back) in order for the player to see the new added tracks.

To duplicate the bug:

1. create a to-go list of one track (for example – the bug happens with any number of tracks)

2. start playing it

3. add another track to the list

expected results:

I should see on the main screen that the total number of tracks is now 2.  Or if I wait for the current track to finish, the second track I added should start playing.

actual results:

on the main screen, see that total tracks is still 1, and after the current track is finished, the player stops playback.

Is this a known problem, and is there any plan to fix it?

@ywwg wrote:

There seems to be a bug with the to-go list on my Sansa Fuze 8gb (fw 2.01.17a).  After you start playing the list, any more songs added to the list won’t be played back.  You have to go back to the playlist and select a track (any track, even the current one playing back) in order for the player to see the new added tracks.

To duplicate the bug:

1. create a to-go list of one track (for example – the bug happens with any number of tracks)
  1. start playing it
  1. add another track to the list

expected results:

I should see on the main screen that the total number of tracks is now 2.  Or if I wait for the current track to finish, the second track I added should start playing.

actual results:

on the main screen, see that total tracks is still 1, and after the current track is finished, the player stops playback.

Is this a known problem, and is there any plan to fix it?

Its not so much a bug as it is an incapability. SanDisk knows about this. I have not heard of a plan to fix it. If I had to guess (And this is just a Guess) I would sat It is on their list of stuff to do but it is a low priority. The reasoning is that There are much bigger bugs that need to be fixed, that many more people have complained about, these take the forfront. The solution to your problem is to restart the Go-List. Its inconveniant but its all you can do. Maybe we will be Supprised and it will get fixed out of the blue with no warning. We can only hope.