This upsets me - I have a question

So it tells me that I need to renew my subscription.

By that does it mean that I have to pay to get my songs to work again?

How do I “renew my subscription?” 

I thought Rhapsody was free.

This is… ugh, I’m upset :frowning:

Pleasehelp me out, and thanks.

No fair!.. 

I assume you mean you thought Rhapsody music service was free.

It is, but you have to renew to keep the music valid.

It always struck me as a weird concept.

a friend of mine told me about it and how much he dislikes it…because he frequently forgets to go online and “renew”…and therefolre loses his music.  Usually when about to go on a trip…

Whatever.  So stop using it and start ripping your own, buying and sharing.

One suggestion that “someone once told me about”.

If you get an app like NCH WavePad or other sound recording software, you can record everything that hits your computers sound card.

Therefore, if online radio or, for instance, something like Rhapsody music were playing on your computer, it would be recorded.  And then you would need to properly save and label the mp3 ID tags.  So they say.

There are also programs, like Replay, which record from online streaming music sources and actually go online and search for album art, and some of the usual parameters of ID tags (artist name, song title, album title, year, etc).  Interesting stuff.

I’m not sure about the legality of these approaches but i have heard they work.  I’d consult a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.  Offer void where prohibited and not good after dark or in Sector N.

@jungler wrote:

So it tells me that I need to renew my subscription.

By that does it mean that I have to pay to get my songs to work again?

How do I “renew my subscription?” 

I thought Rhapsody was free.

This is… ugh, I’m upset :frowning:

Pleasehelp me out, and thanks.

Rhapsody has a 30-day Free trial. After that you have to pay your monthly ‘pound of flesh’ if you want to continue receiving access to Rhapsody’s channels and downloaded content. It is a monthly subscription-based service that uses DRM-encoded files, so they expire if you don’t pay. I look at it as a ‘rental’ service. You can also buy tracks from rhapsody and those  are yours to do with what you want.

You do have the advantage with Rhapsody of having access to many, many more artists and songs than what you would normally, so you can ‘expand your musical horizons’, but other than that I think it’s an expensive proposition overall.

Just my opinion.

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

I’m not sure about the legality of these approaches but i have heard they work.  I’d consult a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.  Offer void where prohibited and not good after dark or in Sector N.

How 'bout in Area 51? :smileyvery-happy:

I stand corrected- thanks Tape.

Area 51- all bets are off.

Great name for a band tho…