SanDisk Guru

Re: The Fuze+

[ Edited ]

The Fuze+ doesn't impress me at all.  I would much rather use a Clip+ or Fuze than the Fuze+. I am sorry to see this as a replacement to the Fuze. Imo it should have been a View replacement.

Folks, if you like the buttons on your Fuze, I suggest that you buy a spare Fuze before they become hard to find. I hope Sandisk will come out with some new players with tactile buttons, a scroll wheel, and a built in clip(or else packaged with a case that has a clip on the back).

SanDisk Guru

It's really more a revised View than a Fuze. And it implies a revamp of the Sansa Media Converter goes with it.

SanDisk Guru

@Black-Rectangle wrote:

It's really more a revised View than a Fuze. And it implies a revamp of the Sansa Media Converter goes with it.

True enough....but you can't blame them for not bringing back that View name again, can you? Smiley Wink

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

@Black-Rectangle wrote:

True enough....but you can't blame them for not bringing back that View name again, can you? Smiley Wink

Was that View . . . or Pepe Le Pew?

I've seen some people call it a real stinker! Smiley Tongue

SanDisk Guru

You can check out the demo videos via the main SanDisk page (click on the icon).  Looks like the navigation is very smooth.

It will take me a little while to get used to the huge font used in the GUI top line, but it does look cool.

Bob  Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

[ Edited ]

I'd say try it before you judge whether the navigation is better or worse than scrolling on a wheel. The navigation is very similar to an iPod Touch, which is pretty easy.

It does retain one of the worst bits of the Fuze, unfortunately - it still requires mad scrolling to get through a very long list. Even with 16GB, I rely on genres to avoid the artist list. It'd be even worse with 16GB plus a 16GB flash card. On my Touch, I can go directly to a letter and skip most of the scrolling. That feature first showed up with the Creative Zen M (as far as I know), and its really nice.

I would hope it doesn't retain the Fuze's lenghty refresh. With 32GB of MP3 music, that'd probably take about fifteen minutes.

32GB in such a small device for ~$150 (16GB + 16gb microSDHC) would be fantastic, though!

SanDisk Guru

The refresh on the Fuze is a weird thing. Before I took my 16GB card out of my V1 Fuze, I had the internal memory and the card full, and in the Sansa firmware, it only took three minutes and a couple seconds to refresh. I know someone with a V2 that says his refreshes take 25 minutes!  I think a lot of it comes down to people's tags.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

I must say, part of the external design of the Fuze+ didn't excite me initially--the touchpad especially didn't look especially classy to me, in the photos.  And I'm not sure what's up with a micro-USB port, when mini-USB is the standard and especially with a full-size player--now, just a need for another cable around?  (Or, did I get that wrong?)

Having said that, watching the Fuze+ in operation in the promo vid, I couldn't help but say, Wow!, and be impressed.

SanDisk Guru

"And I'm not sure what's up with a micro-USB port, when mini-USB is the standard and especially with a full-size player--now, just a need for another cable around? (Or, did I get that wrong?)"

Theoretically speaking, micro usb is superior to mini usb, as with long term pluging and unplugging, mini usb is more likely to wear out the jack before the plug on the cable is worn out, while with micro usb most of the wear is on the plug, and the plug will typically wear out well before the jack. Notice I said theoretically speaking, as we are dealing with a player with a built in battery, so even if mini usb was used, it is likely the battery will wear out well before the usb jack.

I think many countries now require cell phones to use a micro usb connector. I would have preferred a mini usb connector on the Fuze+.