Thank you Sansa for making a great priced, great product

@sansafix wrote:

By the time your LiPolymer battery is unusable,  You will be using a completely different style of Player with much much higher capacity.

Much is made of the non removabilty of the battery.  You can buy an e200 or c200 series player if you want a removable LiOn battery.

To make the battery removable adds thickness and adds cost to the player.  It also introduces another connector which can fail.

Todays LiPolymer batteries are so much more durable than they used to be.  Its really not worth the costs to make the battery removable anymore.

Of course you are right… but I’m an old fogey and I was taught as a child not to discard what still can be used.  Up until a few years ago, I rarely disposed of any of my audio gear.  Almost all of it is in still in perfect working condition.  And I’ve found a few people that eagerly purchased some of my vintage gear; as it’s fast becoming a popular hobby.

I’m still not used to this “throw-away” society; where we just dispose of things when they are no longer current or cannot to be made to work easily.

Even with the less robust built-in batteries of the past, I rarely had one fail before I was ready for a new player…so I think all of this concern over non-replaceable batteries is a bit unfounded.

But… It still pains me to throw out a device just needs a battery…:cry:

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 12-16-2008 12:43 PM