Synchronize rather than Overwrite playlists

Hi,
I am using MM to create playlists for Sansa Fuze. Currently the device is in “Auto-Detect” mode. The problem I am having is that some of my songs are located on an external HD. I created a playlist called “Pop” in MM with some songs from the external HD and sync’ed it with the Fuze. When I go back to add new songs on my laptop to the playlist “Pop”, I do not have the external HD connected. Now, the MM playlist “Pop” has the songs from the external HD grayed out. So, when I sync the playlist “Pop” again, the playlist is overwritten - I have the new songs on the Fuze but any of the grayed out songs have been deleted from the Fuze. How can I modify the settings in MM? I want to keep any old songs previously uploaded on the Fuze and adds the new songs instead of just overwriting the entire playlist.

OR does anyone know of any other music manager that would work more like iTunes and allow for direct drag-n-drop into the playlists on Fuze?

P.S. I apologize if this has already been asked/answered. I couldn’t find it on the forum.

@music123beatz wrote:

Hi,
I am using MM to create playlists for Sansa Fuze. Currently the device is in “Auto-Detect” mode. The problem I am having is that some of my songs are located on an external HD. I created a playlist called “Pop” in MM with some songs from the external HD and sync’ed it with the Fuze. When I go back to add new songs on my laptop to the playlist “Pop”, I do not have the external HD connected. Now, the MM playlist “Pop” has the songs from the external HD grayed out. So, when I sync the playlist “Pop” again, the playlist is overwritten - I have the new songs on the Fuze but any of the grayed out songs have been deleted from the Fuze. How can I modify the settings in MM? I want to keep any old songs previously uploaded on the Fuze and adds the new songs instead of just overwriting the entire playlist.

OR does anyone know of any other music manager that would work more like iTunes and allow for direct drag-n-drop into the playlists on Fuze?

P.S. I apologize if this has already been asked/answered. I couldn’t find it on the forum.

Are you suing Atosync in MM?  If so there is a setting that can be changed. (Tools> Options> Portable/Audio Devices> Select your fuze from the list> Click configure> Select the AutoSync options tab> The Check box next to “Delete Music not on Autosync List From Device” Needs to be unchecked)

Most of us despise iTunes, so I doubt you will find that solution. My Solution for you would be to copy the playlist spesific tracks to your Hard drive.

1st suggestion: Don’t use the Auto-Defect setting. No, that isn’t a typo and there’s a reason I refer to it as such. manually select either MTP or MSC mode.

2nd: I use Winamp very successfully to create playlists, albeit in MSC mode but the same principals should apply to Media Monkey. You need to create the playlist from songs residing on the player, not from your computer’s hard drive or an external hard drive. The paths won’t be correct. Transfer the songs first, then create the playlist from there.

1st suggestion: Don’t use the Auto-Defect setting. No, that isn’t a typo and there’s a reason I refer to it as such. Manually select either MTP or MSC mode.

2nd: I use Winamp very successfully to create playlists, albeit in MSC mode but the same principals should apply to Media Monkey. You need to create the playlist from songs residing on the player, not from your computer’s hard drive or an external hard drive. The paths won’t be correct. Transfer the songs first, then create the playlist from there.

Thank you Tapeworm. I actually tried out Winamp and it has the functionality that I was looking for. Thanks again for the help.