Synching additions to playlist in WiMP 11 without duplicating files

Hey –

I was trying to add files to a playlist using WiMP and found that the entire playlist was being loaded _ again _. I just wanted to make additions :angry:. Is there any way to do this?

Also, does anybody know if Media Monkey can synch to an sd card yet (I know that previous versions could not)

Thanks

Media Monkey can but you gotta set it up… It a PITA… I would suggest dragging and dropping. If you want to put playlists on the sd card, create the file and then drag and drop it too.

@jakewoodblues wrote:

Hey –

I was trying to add files to a playlist using WiMP and found that the entire playlist was being loaded _ again _. I just wanted to make additions :angry:. Is there any way to do this?

Also, does anybody know if Media Monkey can synch to an sd card yet (I know that previous versions could not)

Thanks

I’m also using the Windows MediaPlayer 11 (version 11.0.5721.5145 to be precise) and it doesn’t copy the whole playlist on the player again. It just loads the complete playlist and checks each file in the playlist if it’s already on the player, if it isn’t it copies it otherwise it just skips it.

So it that is what you mean by loaded again that’s what WMP and pretty much every software has to do in order to copy all files.

Edit to add: I create my playlists with MediaMonkey, export them as m3u files in the WMP Playlist directory and then finally copy them to the player with WMP, which also allows to sync to the SD card.

Sounds inconvenient, but it’s way faster than copying with MM since MM really overwrites every file on the player and also doesn’t allow for one file to be on multiple playlists (I have no idea why, but when I add 1 song to 2 playlists the song only shows up on the playlist last added)

PS. love your sig! (Don’t blink! Blink and you dead!)

Message Edited by c250Fuze on 05-10-2009 01:26 PM

Hi,

To put my 2 cents in I have WMP (v.  11.0.5721.5260 and sansa view firmware v.  01.03.02A)  and can ONLY load a playlist if the USB mode = auto detect and always loads everything on the list regardless of what is already on the device. And the Sansa view section in WMP does NOT show these double files, only in the device itself.  (odd note, if the USB mode is set to MSC WMP will go through all the motions. Then there is no playlist/files on my View.) I probably won’t go looking for other software to try, WMP should work but I think there either a bug in the firmware or … could I have a virus ?

thanks