SanDisk Professor

Re: Suggestions for Future Fuze Firmware Update

@MarcosL wrote:
Don't know where this would go.. I figured here.. Not sure.

I agree with most of all the suggestions but here is one that I have not seen and which I doubt it can be possible but it's worth it:

The ability to see text documents.(And no, I obviously do not mean text messages from cell phones.)  Now, although I doubt it can be possible, I can possibly see how it would work.. - Add the text file to your Player then use the scrolling wheel to go to "Text" (Or something along the lines of that) click on it and pick the document that you want to look at and use the scrolling wheel to go down or up on the document. 

Another suggestion :

Seeing as we have a clock + date on the Fuze, why not add an alarm clock to that?  However, I do not believe it would work seeing as the Fuze don't have built-in speakers therefore you can't hear the alarm go off.  Unless, of course, you're using a portable speaker or something.

I don't know, it was just a couple of ideas that I thought of. 
Message Edited by MarcosL on 01-29-2009 05:36 PM

Karaoke or Lyrics (or lyric tags)  Smiley Tongue   ><   Your comment on text made me think it Smiley Happy   It is all possible.   Brainstorming is good.   Post your ideas and let Sansa sort it out,   ultimately they decide what if feasible.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Yeah,i pretty much love this little gadget,but customized backrounds and more color options for the wallpaper would be very sweet.

@MarcosL wrote:
Seeing as we have a clock + date on the Fuze, why not add an alarm clock to that?
Message Edited by MarcosL on 01-29-2009 05:36 PM

That would be a nice extra. To be able to use fuze as an alarm clock.

Leave it connected to a set of speakers and it would startup and automaticaly playback at a specified time.

SanDisk Professor

3 more requests for considered:

1)  Alternative record format.   A lossy compressed format for the record feature.  Keep the WAV format, but include a compressed format for smaller recorded files.

2)  Move the Language text into a separate ISO text file, that can be edited offline (by knowledgeable users) for supporting other languages.

3)  Move splash screen into a separate file, like animated GIF or PNG, for user customization.

Repeated request:

Customized desktop color   RGB value, or background.jpg at root level for user customization.

ATZ
SanDisk User

I too, agree that wallpapers should be added (e.g. Black, white).

But another thought I had was the scrolls wheels color, depending on what hardware you use to make it glow, if it's possible you could add a small option in Settings to make it glow in white, red, green and other basic colors.

SanDisk Fanatic

I'd like to see an option to PLAY BY RATING instead of only "TOP RATED".

PLAY > MUSIC > BY RATING:

1 STAR

2 STAR

3 STAR

4 STAR

5 STAR

Please fix the golist already, for Podcast files and Audiobooks, the problem is talked about here.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=1546

Very simple request, really. seeing that my last 3 sandisk players had no problem with adding podcasts and audiobooks to the golist it just seems silly to me that a more expensive and newer player wouldn't allow it. it's not fare to give a option and then take it away.