Suggestions for Future Fuze Firmware Update

D: it’s ok then I can live without it. lol it was worth asking :stuck_out_tongue:

i think on the new firmware update they should let you set photos as your background and add game downloads for it and how about themes too.

yeah i would like more wallpaper options too!!

I’m starting a a petition for:

1.  Make the screen “touch”.

2.  Sync with iTunes.

3.  Sync with Zune Marketplace.

4.  Sync with Rio Music Manager.

5.  Play DS games WHILE listening to music.

6.  “Live” wallpaper, IOW, a video file for the background.

7.  Digital TV Tuning and recording.

8.  Sort by the artist’s mother’s beautician’s astrological sign.

9.  Sort by the square root of the CRC of the files.

10.  Browse by the day of the week the song was first released in Peru.

11.  Auto-playlists telepathically created daily based on my mood. 

12.  Do my taxes, AND find get me the biggest refund.

And I want ALL of this on the next firmware release.

Edit:  Upon further reflection, for number 8 I will accept the manicurist, but NOT the shampoo girl.

Message Edited by jkj1962 on 01-26-2009 08:23 PM

All that,  ^^^   and no dancing girls? :wink:

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 01-26-2009 09:21 PM

more wallpaper colors would be great

maybe like tie dye colors 

@marvin_martian wrote:
All that, and no dancing girls? :wink:

I’m saving that, internet browsing and true-quadraphonic sound for the next release.

Gapless playback!!!

I’m a MiniDisc guy and used to listening to concerts on my portable player and unfortunately I was not aware of the “gapless playback” issue before my purchase of a 4GB Fuze. Well other than this, I’m loving my Fuze as much as my MiniDisc players, what a great product from SanDisk.

I could care less about enhancements in UI customisations or browsing by folders but please, give us GAPLESS PLAYBACK! It’s really annoying to have pauses in between tracks for my concert tracks.

Thanks in advance and Happy Chinese New Year to you all! :wink:

indeed - gapless playback and the ability to view TAG data on a seperate screen.

after that this is the PERFECT DMP for the $60-$100 price range.

With as many people who have trouble with formatting the external microSDHC card,   Put in the option to do this through the Fuze’s format menu.   It would reduce one of the common support questions.

I have a simple request, skip some numbers on the v2 firmware so that both v1 and v2 firmware line up. Instead of saying “Check if it is 1.01.22 or 2.01.17, depending which version of the Fuze you currently have” we could just say “check the last 2 digits, if it is not 34 then you need to update your firmware”

@hazza wrote:
I have a simple request, skip some numbers on the v2 firmware so that both v1 and v2 firmware line up. Instead of saying “Check if it is 1.01.22 or 2.01.17, depending which version of the Fuze you currently have” we could just say “check the last 2 digits, if it is not 34 then you need to update your firmware”

I second that request.  KISS principle - keep it simple sansa:) 

Don’t know where this would go… I figured here… Not sure.

I agree with most of all the suggestions but here is one that I have not seen and which I doubt it can be possible but it’s worth it:

The ability to see text documents.(And no, I obviously do not mean text messages from cell phones.)  Now, although I doubt it can be possible, I can possibly see how it would work… - Add the text file to your Player then use the scrolling wheel to go to “Text” (Or something along the lines of that) click on it and pick the document that you want to look at and use the scrolling wheel to go down or up on the document. 

Another suggestion :

Seeing as we have a clock + date on the Fuze, why not add an alarm clock to that?  However, I do not believe it would work seeing as the Fuze don’t have built-in speakers therefore you can’t hear the alarm go off.  Unless, of course, you’re using a portable speaker or something.

I don’t know, it was just a couple of ideas that I thought of. 

Message Edited by MarcosL on 01-29-2009 05:36 PM

@marcosl wrote:
Don’t know where this would go… I figured here… Not sure.

I agree with most of all the suggestions but here is one that I have not seen and which I doubt it can be possible but it’s worth it:

The ability to see text documents.(And no, I obviously do not mean text messages from cell phones.)  Now, although I doubt it can be possible, I can possibly see how it would work… - Add the text file to your Player then use the scrolling wheel to go to “Text” (Or something along the lines of that) click on it and pick the document that you want to look at and use the scrolling wheel to go down or up on the document. 

Another suggestion :

Seeing as we have a clock + date on the Fuze, why not add an alarm clock to that?  However, I do not believe it would work seeing as the Fuze don’t have built-in speakers therefore you can’t hear the alarm go off.  Unless, of course, you’re using a portable speaker or something.

I don’t know, it was just a couple of ideas that I thought of. 

Karaoke or Lyrics (or lyric tags)  :P   ><   Your comment on text made me think it :)   It is all possible.   Brainstorming is good.   Post your ideas and let Sansa sort it out,   ultimately they decide what if feasible.

Yeah,i pretty much love this little gadget,but customized backrounds and more color options for the wallpaper would be very sweet.

@marcosl wrote:
Seeing as we have a clock + date on the Fuze, why not add an alarm clock to that?

That would be a nice extra. To be able to use fuze as an alarm clock.

Leave it connected to a set of speakers and it would startup and automaticaly playback at a specified time.

3 more requests for considered:

1)  Alternative record format.   A lossy compressed format for the record feature.  Keep the WAV format, but include a compressed format for smaller recorded files.

2)  Move the Language text into a separate ISO text file, that can be edited offline (by knowledgeable users) for supporting other languages.

3)  Move splash screen into a separate file, like animated GIF or PNG, for user customization.

Repeated request:

Customized desktop color   RGB value, or background.jpg at root level for user customization.

I too, agree that wallpapers should be added (e.g. Black, white).

But another thought I had was the scrolls wheels color, depending on what hardware you use to make it glow, if it’s possible you could add a small option in Settings to make it glow in white, red, green and other basic colors.

I’d like to see an option to PLAY BY RATING instead of only “TOP RATED”.

PLAY > MUSIC > BY RATING:

1 STAR

2 STAR

3 STAR

4 STAR

5 STAR

Please fix the golist already, for Podcast files and Audiobooks, the problem is talked about here.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=1546

Very simple request, really. seeing that my last 3 sandisk players had no problem with adding podcasts and audiobooks to the golist it just seems silly to me that a more expensive and newer player wouldn’t allow it. it’s not fare to give a option and then take it away.