Suggestions for Future Fuze Firmware Update

The firmware updates keep getting better. A couple of suggestions for future Fuze firmware updates:

1. The EQ preset for Classical really needs to be tweaked. The e200 had a good classical preset, so good it’s hard to duplicate using the custom eq.

2. More wallpaper color options

Thank you

e@

• Folder navigation

• More wallpaper color options (a black wallpaper will be great)

Message Edited by Vreid on 01-25-2009 02:34 AM

These swiped from posts in the New Firmware post…

make the fixed / variable output selectable via the device preferences menu.

when you press the center button  at now playing and the audio peaks come up could they stay there till u press it again like the album art does

what about being able to set a bookmark, a place to come back to, in addition to resume

gapless playback

Volume Levelling

Ditto on volume leveling

Instead of more wallpaper options they should be changed completely, how many different shades of blue do you need?

Id like to see a black or grey theme because the coloured icons would stand out better.

Id also like to be able to rearrange the menus in my order kind of how you can on the Zen Sleek.

Also better album art integration would be nice too and maybe the volume a bit louder.

I’d like to see the option to change from/to shuffle mode by pressing and holding the center button (in addition to changing via the menu). I often switch between playing albums (no shuffle) to playing songs by artist or genre (shuffle). I don’t use the existing 2 press-and-hold center button choices available now.

+1 on: folder navigation

I have something very simple to add: 1) Change the font to something higher in resolution, cause the current one is really ugly and pixelated. 2) When the Fuze is connect to coimputer, make the screen auto turns off after certain time frame (lets say 15 seconds) if it is in idle (like in charging). Only turns the screen back on if it is on sync/ file transfer.

…and of course the usual: Please make it easier to add video to Fuze (like telling us what kind of spec the video must be in and change the firmware so any video that meets the spec can be played w/o using SMC). I’ll like to use a 3rd party convertor besides SMC as I don’t like to connect my Fuze to the PC just to wait for the SMC converting video.

Thanks.

Folder navigation… Very important!

I think walpapers and clours are not as important as functionality:

What I really need is a fuze, that can play videos not generated by SMC. SMC is really a pain and many people are complaining about it. Using a documented format for videos, there would be no need to use SMC anymore.

struct

the ability to sort by year (like we can for albums, genre, etc.)

@clieos wrote:

2) When the Fuze is connect to coimputer, make the screen auto turns off after certain time frame (lets say 15 seconds) if it is in idle (like in charging). Only turns the screen back on if it is on sync/ file transfer.

I agree with this, that’s why with both my Clip and Fuze I charge with wall chargers. I connect only to add/remove content. :smiley:

oh and another one:

it’s always bothered me that while playing music the listing of artist/title/album is like this:

ARTIST

ALBUM

SONG TITLE

Which looks awkward and with some songs - especially title tracks or singles b-sides.

A good suggestion for the next update is the ability to customize this to

ARTIST

SONG TITLE

ALBUM

or

SONG TITLE

ARTIST

ALBUM

or whatever combination is pleasing to you. I don’t think it would be that hard to do.

I use my fuze mainly for Podcasts and Old Time Radio shows.

I would like to add my own menu choices at the main screen

since PodCasts and Old Time Radio are not really ‘Music’. If the

icons are in a standard format, or even just jpegs, I could add

my menu choices at the main screen.

Raise the maximum file limit.

That’s all.

What i think is that sansa needs to make firmware with simple games that you could play once you’re tierd of whatching videos and listening to audio. I have the black 4gb fuze that i would like to have games on but am unable to find any.

@jkoe52 wrote:

What i think is that sansa needs to make firmware with simple games that you could play once you’re tierd of whatching videos and listening to audio. I have the black 4gb fuze that i would like to have games on but am unable to find any.

That would eat up the battery in no time! I’ll pass.

I would like to add a couple of things, as well:

1.  Like one poster said above, I want to be able to go into ARTIST and have the ability to see all the tracks by that artist not broken down into albums.  I have many single tracks in an album or singles and don’t want to have to click on the album to be able to see what song is on that album say to add to the dynamic playlist.

2.  For Rhapsody channels, the E200 series was capable of browsing the track listing on a channel and go back and forth in the listing to re-listen to songs.  Now there is just an option to go back to your Channels list.  

3.  I would love to be able to save a dynamic (on-the-go) playlist, even if the Fuze would just name them dynamic1, dynamic 2, …, etc. and I can rename then on my computer, that would be great.  

4.  Be able to save a custom EQ setting.

5.  Reaching far out here as it probably won’t happen, be able to move around tracks in a playlist while it is playing or be able to queue up a song to play next, just like I can do on my Rockboxed E280.

Message Edited by mdscriber3 on 01-26-2009 11:37 AM

My feature list request from most wanted to least:

1)  Regardless if I’m in MTP or MSC mode, while plugged into the computer I’d like to see ALL the files on it.   This is such an annoying issue.   I’ve given out so many Sansa CLIP and Fuze players and I end up having to handhold people through this.

2)  Folder Navigation / play Folder selection

3)  Volume leveling option

4)  Support for a more complete DivX format, then we could have SMALLER video files,  currently they are bloated.   Ipod mp4 compatibility would be awesome.  It’s not a show stopper, but this is one of the weaknesses of the Fuze.

1. Custom RGB value setting for wallpaper, or even background image? jpg or GIF?  (I don’t really care about this but just an idea)

I’ve seen the request for volume leveling here and there for people’s Fuze…sounds like one more thing to ■■■■ battery life to me. If it bothers you that much to raise/lower volume from track to track, there are options on your computer to resolve this…MP3Gain, ReplayGain, and several of the music managers have the option of “track leveling”…just equalize your volume levels before you put the tracks on your Fuze. :wink: