Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: Suggestion on a pair of sennheiser earphones

[ Edited ]

@marksj wrote:

Comparing the PX-100 and the PK3? While the PX-100 sound is outstanding, I just am more of a person who finds the ear bud form factor more to my liking (just don't like headbands and cups pressing on my ears). SQ-wise, they are not too far apart, but I think the PK3s have a little more detail. If I had to choose, I'd choose the PK3s. Just my POV. But again, the Senns are a great value if you can get them deeply discounted.

So, someone who prefers earbuds ended up preferring the earbud? Amazing!

I prefer earbuds, too - they're far more convenient than headphones. I wouldn't have spent $40 on the MX-760s if I didn't like earbuds! But I'm not going to color my opinion about the sound quality because of that. I can understand why someone wouldn't want drivers pressing on his ear, but that space that occurs when the earbud just sits in the bottom of your ear can cause a lot of that SQ to go somewhere besides your ear canal. This is why all the more expensive earbuds use the in-ear design, and why you can often hear music from earbuds (even at moderate volume) from several feet away. I'll admit, my MX-760s have great sound if I push them against my ear canal with my hands, but I don't want to walk around like that!

Message Edited by bdb on 03-12-2009 09:28 AM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

At work depending on what Im doing I have a set of PX100s and a set of SkullCandy Double Agents (I use the PX100s for listening and work at the computer, and The Double Agents for Studio Work for obvious reasons if you have seent the Double agents youll get it). In both cases, I never have the bands over my head, they always get flipped back on the bill of my hat or around my neck. But out side of there all I use are IEMs. I cant stand the sound loss or noise bleed in that come with other headphone styles. I dont hear as well as I should but I know that if you want un inturuptd sound quality you need an isolation style headphone. That generally means something lagerer or an IEM.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Thanks for all the responses. Also I forgot that Marksj posted about this before. But, actually, in retrospect it was still a good question, because we wouldn't know how it compares to the PX-100s.Smiley Happy I would also like to know how you (Tapeworm) like the Yuin PK-3s, the sound, design, cord quality and length etc.

Thanks.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

In terms of canalphones, my favorite pair are my Sennheiser CX500.  I think they have great clarity and range.  Supposedly the CX300 suffered in the higher frequencies, and reviews suggest that the CX500 fixed that issue.  I paid $60 for mine, but be careful - don't buy from a vendor you don't trust (ie ebay) because they're regularly pirated.

I use Grado SR60 headphones for desktop use - and they're the best headphones I have.

Other portable headphones I have are the Sennheiser MX55 twist to fit's that I use while running, but the earbuds are nowhere near as clear or warm as the CX500's.  I also have Crossroads CR02 canalphones - but their build quality is subpar.  I also have Soundmagic PL30's which are probably the most comfortable, but they provide hiss with some (assuming low impedance) sources.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I got my pk 3's.After a little burn in I am very happySmiley Very Happy.Any comparisons to the PX-100's since I don't have those?
8GB Black Fuze 8GB sdhc
,BSE, PK3s