Suggestion on a pair of sennheiser earphones

Can someone suggest me a pair of sennheiser earphones.Are all sennheiser earphones compatible with sansa?

Here are my filters:

1.Portability

2.Good frequency range

3.Reasoneble PRICE!!! 

Thanks,

SR 

I would go with Yuin pk3’s.

http://www.head-direct.com/product\_detail.php?p=5

Also reading here may be helpful

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/yuin-pk3-appreciation-thread-237063/index25.html

Thats what I came up with.You can also browse the head-fi site for the sennheiser’s tho if you like.

1 All are portable. If you have something specific in mind can you tell us?

2 All have a good frequency range, again if you have something specific in mind can you reveal it?

3 ‘Reasonable’ is a subjective term and what you consider reasonable may not be the same as what others think of as reasonable. Can you give a ral number so people can get an idea of your reasonable?

Can someone suggest me a pair of sennheiser earphones.Are all sennheiser earphones compatible with sansa?

Here are my filters:

1.Portability

2.Good frequency range

3.Reasoneble PRICE!!! 

Thanks,

SR 

Dont know what your price range is but consider this:

1.  Regardless of how much your Sansa cost, if you want quality sound, you might have to spend more than your actually mp3 player cost.

2.  If you end up getting quality headphones, they will last many, many years.  

3.  Check out the many reviews from the link above.  Most of the reviews are from people in the music/audio field and have interesting points of view without BS.

4.  If you can make it to a store that sells pro-audio, you can try some of them out.  It helps.  Places like Guitar Center and Sam Ash are cool for that…

Good Luck!!

Brian

@sr_rox wrote:

Here are my filters:

1.Portability

2.Good frequency range

3.Reasoneble PRICE!!! 

Thanks,

SR 

I would say at first try the PX100’s.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PX-100-Collapsible-Headphones

I also vote for the PX-100.They’re about the same size as the headphones that used to come with portable CD players, back before earbuds became the standard junk add-on.  So they’re definitely portable. They even fold up into a case about the size of an eyeglass case. The sound is quite good - not as good as an HD series headphone, but still very good. Frequency range is 15 Hz - 27 kHz, but all Sennhsiers should cover the entire audible range. You can get them from Amazon for about $35-40.

Comfort should also be a factor, I think. The PX-100 pads can be a little scratchy at first, but after a couple of weeks they’re quite comfy. 

One downside is the cord is a bit long for portable use - 6 feet. You end up with a big loop dangling down in front of you, and it catches on things easily. Eventually this breaks the cord. Sennheiser is great about warranty replacement, but beyond the warranty period you usually just have to throw them away. My last pair broke about about 3 years. Its still such a wonderful headphone, I immediately bought another pair. I currently have a pair at home and a pair at work. I really like the PX-100.

Another downside is they are “open”, meaning outside sound can get in (and if you listen to them loud, your sound can get out a bit). They’re fine in places like malls and neighborhoods, but if you’re in a noisy area, it can be a problem. The PX-200 is supposedly “closed”, but I’m not sure how closed it is. The earbuds that you jam into your ear canal work best at blocking outside sound (and they’re the only kind fo earbuds that really sound good), and not everyone is comfortable iwth being so blithely unaware of their surroundings (I’ve had a couple of bad experiences with these).

I also have a pair of HD-500 headphones. As you can see from the picture in the earlier link, the HD series are huge. Its a real stretch to call them “portable”…sort of like how a laptop can be used as a “portable” mp3 player. I once asked why people would buy a tiny player only to use it with  enormous headphones, and all the responses were that they do this around the house (which makes sense). The cords are also even longer than the PX-100 - usually about 10 feet. They also have a much higher impedence than the PX series, so you really have to crank up the Fuze volume to get the same volume out of the headphones (draining the battery faster, and limiting the possible volume).

I have several pair of Sennheiser earbuds (none of the models that you push into your ear, though). Like all traditional earbuds, they have weak bass and let in a lot of noise.  The newer models have equal-length cords to both buds, which a lot of people seem to prefer, but I don’t like that because you can’t just take them out and let them fall onto your neck…you have to find some place to stash them or they’ll be dangling down to your feet.

Message Edited by bdb on 03-11-2009 12:01 PM

+1 for the PX-100. I prefer some higher end Sennheiser’s but for the price these can hardly be beat!

What about the Yuin-PK3? How does that compare to the PX-100? They’re in the same price range, and I see the Yuin mentioned a lot. The Yuin is an earbud, not an open can, but I have no preference really, I just need good sound for a good price. 

The 1st response from marksj mentioned these. But the OP specifically asked for Sennheiser recommendations, not headphone or earbud recommendations in general.

There are already numerous discussions and threads on that subject.

I realize that the OP asked about Sennheiser.I guess I should have been a little clearer as that I was looking at Sennheiser as well.After checking other forums I found the PK 3’s.Hope I didn’t offend anyone.

No harm, no foul, Mark. I was just attempting to keep the thread on-topic for the OP as yelped also asked about the Yuins. He might find the links you provided in your previous post helpful. :wink:

@marksj wrote:
I realize that the OP asked about Sennheiser.I guess I should have been a little clearer as that I was looking at Sennheiser as well.After checking other forums I found the PK 3’s.Hope I didn’t offend anyone.

No harm, no foul, Mark. I was just attempting to keep the thread on-topic for the OP as yelped also asked about the Yuins. He might find the links you provided in your previous post helpful. :wink:

This forum has so much info and I have learned so much.I would not have ended up with a Fuze if it wasn’t for this forum.However it is important to keep threads pertinent to what the OP has asked for:wink: Or we would just have 1 never ending thread that would be hard to sort out.

@marksj wrote:
This forum has so much info and I have learned so much.I would not have ended up with a Fuze if it wasn’t for this forum.However it is important to keep threads pertinent to what the OP has asked for:wink: Or we would just have 1 never ending thread that would be hard to sort out.

*in his head*

This is the thread that never end yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started postin it not knowin what it was, and they’ll continue posting it forever just because…

*OH Hey I was typing…*

Anyhow, Talked to my boss and conveinced him to order me a set of PK3s “For my Studio” (I dont really need them) and I already have a set of PX100’s that a rarely use, I am going to compare and see what I think. Ill let you know.

Can’t wait to hear from you!

I wonder how the Yuin compares with the Sennheiser MX560. The MX560 is quite inexpensive. Sometimes Sennheiser comes out with great stuff for cheap. The Sennheiser MX400 was an example of that.

I have the MX-760, Senn’s top of the line standard earbud ($40). It doesn’t even come close to the PX-100 in sound quality. I would expect the same from the Yuin. I don’t think the tiny little drivers in those earbuds can produce the same quality as even a small pair of earphones.

Message Edited by bdb on 03-11-2009 08:47 PM

So it sounds like you’re looking for headphones, not earbuds, right? I’ve got a pair of CX300s (buds) and they sound pretty darn great. I got them for $30 before $15 MIR, so that was a plus, too. They have great response, great sound isolation . . . but they do have a poor J-cord design, and the rubber on the wires is a bit sticky, so they can pull out when you’re moving around if you snag them. . . . 

Actually, I hate my CX300s. They sounds good, but they’re more hassle than they’re worth. Still, the in-ear style buds are fantastic in general, depending on your needs.

In response to bdb,

This was taken from a member from HF forums

Comparing the PX-100 and the PK3? While the PX-100 sound is outstanding, I just am more of a person who finds the ear bud form factor more to my liking (just don’t like headbands and cups pressing on my ears). SQ-wise, they are not too far apart, but I think the PK3s have a little more detail. If I had to choose, I’d choose the PK3s. Just my POV. But again, the Senns are a great value if you can get them deeply discounted.

\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

marksj wrote: :smiley:

In response to bdb,

This was taken from a member from HF forums

Comparing the PX-100 and the PK3? While the PX-100 sound is outstanding, I just am more of a person who finds the ear bud form factor more to my liking (just don’t like headbands and cups pressing on my ears). SQ-wise, they are not too far apart, but I think the PK3s have a little more detail. If I had to choose, I’d choose the PK3s. Just my POV. But again, the Senns are a great value if you can get them deeply discounted.

\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

I am the opposite. I hate the canal-type phones, and the ear-bud style won’t stay put if I move around, so I prefer the headband approach. To each his own though :smiley: