Suggestion on a pair of sennheiser earphones

+1 for the PX-100. I prefer some higher end Sennheiser’s but for the price these can hardly be beat!

What about the Yuin-PK3? How does that compare to the PX-100? They’re in the same price range, and I see the Yuin mentioned a lot. The Yuin is an earbud, not an open can, but I have no preference really, I just need good sound for a good price. 

The 1st response from marksj mentioned these. But the OP specifically asked for Sennheiser recommendations, not headphone or earbud recommendations in general.

There are already numerous discussions and threads on that subject.

I realize that the OP asked about Sennheiser.I guess I should have been a little clearer as that I was looking at Sennheiser as well.After checking other forums I found the PK 3’s.Hope I didn’t offend anyone.

No harm, no foul, Mark. I was just attempting to keep the thread on-topic for the OP as yelped also asked about the Yuins. He might find the links you provided in your previous post helpful. :wink:

@marksj wrote:
I realize that the OP asked about Sennheiser.I guess I should have been a little clearer as that I was looking at Sennheiser as well.After checking other forums I found the PK 3’s.Hope I didn’t offend anyone.

No harm, no foul, Mark. I was just attempting to keep the thread on-topic for the OP as yelped also asked about the Yuins. He might find the links you provided in your previous post helpful. :wink:

This forum has so much info and I have learned so much.I would not have ended up with a Fuze if it wasn’t for this forum.However it is important to keep threads pertinent to what the OP has asked for:wink: Or we would just have 1 never ending thread that would be hard to sort out.

@marksj wrote:
This forum has so much info and I have learned so much.I would not have ended up with a Fuze if it wasn’t for this forum.However it is important to keep threads pertinent to what the OP has asked for:wink: Or we would just have 1 never ending thread that would be hard to sort out.

*in his head*

This is the thread that never end yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people started postin it not knowin what it was, and they’ll continue posting it forever just because…

*OH Hey I was typing…*

Anyhow, Talked to my boss and conveinced him to order me a set of PK3s “For my Studio” (I dont really need them) and I already have a set of PX100’s that a rarely use, I am going to compare and see what I think. Ill let you know.

Can’t wait to hear from you!

I wonder how the Yuin compares with the Sennheiser MX560. The MX560 is quite inexpensive. Sometimes Sennheiser comes out with great stuff for cheap. The Sennheiser MX400 was an example of that.

I have the MX-760, Senn’s top of the line standard earbud ($40). It doesn’t even come close to the PX-100 in sound quality. I would expect the same from the Yuin. I don’t think the tiny little drivers in those earbuds can produce the same quality as even a small pair of earphones.

Message Edited by bdb on 03-11-2009 08:47 PM

So it sounds like you’re looking for headphones, not earbuds, right? I’ve got a pair of CX300s (buds) and they sound pretty darn great. I got them for $30 before $15 MIR, so that was a plus, too. They have great response, great sound isolation . . . but they do have a poor J-cord design, and the rubber on the wires is a bit sticky, so they can pull out when you’re moving around if you snag them. . . . 

Actually, I hate my CX300s. They sounds good, but they’re more hassle than they’re worth. Still, the in-ear style buds are fantastic in general, depending on your needs.

In response to bdb,

This was taken from a member from HF forums

Comparing the PX-100 and the PK3? While the PX-100 sound is outstanding, I just am more of a person who finds the ear bud form factor more to my liking (just don’t like headbands and cups pressing on my ears). SQ-wise, they are not too far apart, but I think the PK3s have a little more detail. If I had to choose, I’d choose the PK3s. Just my POV. But again, the Senns are a great value if you can get them deeply discounted.

\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

marksj wrote: :smiley:

In response to bdb,

Comparing the PX-100 and the PK3? While the PX-100 sound is outstanding, I just am more of a person who finds the ear bud form factor more to my liking (just don’t like headbands and cups pressing on my ears). SQ-wise, they are not too far apart, but I think the PK3s have a little more detail. If I had to choose, I’d choose the PK3s. Just my POV. But again, the Senns are a great value if you can get them deeply discounted.

I am the opposite. I hate the canal-type phones, and the ear-bud style won’t stay put if I move around, so I prefer the headband approach. To each his own though :smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

marksj wrote: :smiley:

In response to bdb,

I am the opposite. I hate the canal-type phones, and the ear-bud style won’t stay put if I move around, so I prefer the headband approach. To each his own though :smiley:

I am total agreement with Marvin; I also can’t stand ear-bud/ear canal type 'phones…

@marksj wrote:

So, someone who prefers earbuds ended up preferring the earbud? Amazing!

I prefer earbuds, too - they’re far more convenient than headphones. I wouldn’t have spent $40 on the MX-760s if I didn’t like earbuds! But I’m not going to color my opinion about the sound quality because of that. I can understand why someone wouldn’t want drivers pressing on his ear, but that space that occurs when the earbud just sits in the bottom of your ear can cause a lot of that SQ to go somewhere besides your ear canal. This is why all the more expensive earbuds use the in-ear design, and why you can often hear music from earbuds (even at moderate volume) from several feet away. I’ll admit, my MX-760s have great sound if I push them against my ear canal with my hands, but I don’t want to walk around like that!

Message Edited by bdb on 03-12-2009 09:28 AM

At work depending on what Im doing I have a set of PX100s and a set of SkullCandy Double Agents (I use the PX100s for listening and work at the computer, and The Double Agents for Studio Work for obvious reasons if you have seent the Double agents youll get it). In both cases, I never have the bands over my head, they always get flipped back on the bill of my hat or around my neck. But out side of there all I use are IEMs. I cant stand the sound loss or noise bleed in that come with other headphone styles. I dont hear as well as I should but I know that if you want un inturuptd sound quality you need an isolation style headphone. That generally means something lagerer or an IEM.

Thanks for all the responses. Also I forgot that Marksj posted about this before. But, actually, in retrospect it was still a good question, because we wouldn’t know how it compares to the PX-100s.:smiley: I would also like to know how you ( Tapeworm ) like the Yuin PK-3s, the sound, design, cord quality and length etc.

Thanks.

In terms of canalphones, my favorite pair are my Sennheiser CX500.  I think they have great clarity and range.  Supposedly the CX300 suffered in the higher frequencies, and reviews suggest that the CX500 fixed that issue.  I paid $60 for mine, but be careful - don’t buy from a vendor you don’t trust (ie ebay) because they’re regularly pirated.

I use Grado SR60 headphones for desktop use - and they’re the best headphones I have.

Other portable headphones I have are the Sennheiser MX55 twist to fit’s that I use while running, but the earbuds are nowhere near as clear or warm as the CX500’s.  I also have Crossroads CR02 canalphones - but their build quality is subpar.  I also have Soundmagic PL30’s which are probably the most comfortable, but they provide hiss with some (assuming low impedance) sources.

I got my pk 3’s.After a little burn in I am very happy:smileyvery-happy:.Any comparisons to the PX-100’s since I don’t have those?