Suggestion for SanDisk.

I thank sandisk very much for making these awesome players that whoops the iPoop’s.Love each and every product they make.Especially their music players which are mindblowing.

But I would really love if the people in sandisk start making compatible accessories such as cases and docks for each music player like the fuze,view and so on.I think this would be great because we don’t have to worry whether it will be compatible with the player or not.

THINK ABOUT IT! :smiley:

THANKS,

SR

I think we would all LOVE to see this. I for one would run out and by a docking station with sterio hookups the day it comes out. The thing about this (and why I dont get my hopes up) is that SanDisk is at its root a company who makes portable memory devices (which is what an mp3 player is), and not an electronics company like apple. So SanDisk relies on third party comapanys to make their accessories, and really have no control over what gets made. BUT heres hoping this changes! I want a dock that hooks to my sterio.

@conversionbox wrote:

I want a dock that hooks to my sterio.

Been one for doing that on the market for several years already… the SanDisk Docking Station

Works with any of the Sansa players that have the 30 pin connector (c200, e200, Fuze, View, etc.). Also charges the player and even has a remote for basic player control.

The only problem I see with it is that because the  Sansa players use the headphone cable for the FM antenna and a docking station has nothing for that… well, it doesn’t work very well if you want to listen to FM radio. That’s why another company makes a speaker dock that has an FM radio built in… the inMotion iM413

Unfortunately, there are very few companies that make things for the Sansa devices. I’ve always assumed that’s simply because SanDisk can not afford to pay out some kind of extra kick back to get companies more insterested (like one other big name company very likely has been doing).

Maybe the price of players has just come down TOO much.  Someone might consider a $50 dock a reasonable accessory for a $200 player, but not if the same player costs $50.

@miltst wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

Been one for doing that on the market for several years already… the SanDisk Docking Station

Works with any of the Sansa players that have the 30 pin connector (c200, e200, Fuze, View, etc.). Also charges the player and even has a remote for basic player control.

The only problem I see with it is that because the  Sansa players use the headphone cable for the FM antenna and a docking station has nothing for that… well, it doesn’t work very well if you want to listen to FM radio. That’s why another company makes a speaker dock that has an FM radio built in… the inMotion iM413

Unfortunately, there are very few companies that make things for the Sansa devices. I’ve always assumed that’s simply because SanDisk can not afford to pay out some kind of extra kick back to get companies more insterested (like one other big name company very likely has been doing).

Well, my 2 cents…the SanDisk Docking Station, given the $47 price, the only saving grace is the remote, IMO. I have a patch cable to connect mine to my stereo(which has it’s own FM receiver) and an AC charger, and the charger and patch cable together cost less than $20. And that ALtec Lansing dock…$80? I think not. Again, this is IMO, but I highly doubt that AL dock sounds as good as my full size stereo system. :wink:

There’s also the Griffin PowerDock, which I’ve seen on ebay with a “buy it now” price as low as $11.50 with free shipping.

Actually, how about an ‘adapter’ that lets the fuze work with any of the hundreds of iPod accessories? If it was simply re-routing the connections it should be easy.  I don’t know if it’s technically possible, but if it was I’d get one or 2 and then pickup a cheap ipod dock/speaker from a dept store. The cool part is that there are so many to choose from (Your Fuze parked in a little dog?)

Even if such an adapter only provided power-in and line-out it would be great.

Message Edited by timn on 04-18-2009 12:13 PM

@miltst wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

Tried that one. Its not the right connectors… I need one that can get wired in with audio cables so it can tie in to the Reciever which routes to my surround sound in the living room, surround sound in the Media Room, my computer, and 2 different surround sound set-ups in my bed room. I know its a bit much to ask, as I said Im not gettin my hopes up.

You can’t use a cable like this, CB?

@gwk1967 wrote:
You can’t use a cable like this, CB?

Nope… Its kind of a wacky setup. But the nuts and bolts of it are that in order to use that cable I would have to chop the ends off and strip the wires down, then run the wires to their respective connectors where they get inserted and then a screw mechanism gets tightend down to hold them in place. The issue is that with a cable whose wires are that small the screw mechanism cuts right through them.

How about crimping/soldering something like this onto the bare ends, and then inserting the tips into the screw-down connection?

@gwk1967 wrote:
How about crimping/soldering something like this onto the bare ends, and then inserting the tips into the screw-down connection?

Good Thought I have one of those cables here I am gonna try and soldering them…We will see.

@conversionbox wrote:
The thing about this (and why I dont get my hopes up) is that SanDisk is at its root a company who makes portable memory devices (which is what an mp3 player is), and not an electronics company like apple.

Actually Apple only makes a few cables; nearly all the iPod accessories are not made by Apple. The difference is that some 80% of MP3 players are iPods, and less than 10% of the players are Sansas. There isn’t a lot of money to be made selling Sansa accessories.

@bdb wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:
The thing about this (and why I dont get my hopes up) is that SanDisk is at its root a company who makes portable memory devices (which is what an mp3 player is), and not an electronics company like apple.

Actually Apple only makes a few cables; nearly all the iPod accessories are not made by Apple. The difference is that some 80% of MP3 players are iPods, and less than 10% of the players are Sansas. There isn’t a lot of money to be made selling Sansa accessories.

Good Point… I didnt think that statement through enough.

HEY!!!

I went to the sansa store website and found out that sandisk has made some cases themselves for the slotmusic player!!!?

Please SanDisk can you make some cool cases like those for the Fuze too?

Ill be really delighted if it is possible.

Thanks,

SR

Did anyone see my previous post?(on this thread)