Suggested and Recommended car transmitters for the fuse?

hello. im looking for a car transmitter adapter for my car so i can play my fuse in it. something that i can play my mp3’s with and not just listen to the radio i already have built in with the car’s CD player. i say that because a friend of mines bought a transmitter that just plays the radio from his mp3 player and not the songs he downloaded on it.

IMHO FM transmitters degrade the sound quality too much.  I’d go with an aftermarket adapter that adds an AUX port to your current head unit.  It’s not a cheap solution but the sound quality is way above what you’ll get out of a transmitter.

If you have the stock stereo from one of the big auto manufacturers, it shouldn’t be a problem finding something.  USA-SPEC makes adapters for the big auto names.  If you have an aftermarket HU, you’ll probably have to get something from the manufacturer.

I got a chinese made, no-name adapter off ebay for my Honda Fit.  The adapter has an aux port but also plays songs off a USB stick and an SD card.  I use a USB memory stick exclusively.

If you want to stick with a transmitter, any transmitter that works off a headphone jack should work.  It should play whatevers coming out of your Fuze - FM, Audiobook, or MP3.

If you get one, get a cheap one, they will work as well as an expensive one, which is to say, not that great.

But I have one and use it, sometimes it’s better than nothing.

whats the name of it?

Griffin Technology has an FM transmitter on sale for $15 specifically for the Sansa products.

I recently got one. It works well enough in the car.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripautosansa

Just plug into your car’s 12 V accessory outlet or cigarette lighter, set your radio to one of iTrip Auto’s pre-sets and iTrip does the rest. iTrip’s digital FM radio broadcaster sends music from your Sansa to a clear, open frequency on your car’s FM radio in crisp, clear FM stereo. And once you find that perfect station, iTrip Auto can remember the setting with on of four user-programmable pre-sets.

you sure this plays mp3’s? 

@reesehugg wrote:

Just plug into your car’s 12 V accessory outlet or cigarette lighter, set your radio to one of iTrip Auto’s pre-sets and iTrip does the rest. iTrip’s digital FM radio broadcaster sends music from your Sansa to a clear, open frequency on your car’s FM radio in crisp, clear FM stereo. And once you find that perfect station, iTrip Auto can remember the setting with on of four user-programmable pre-sets.

you sure this plays mp3’s? 

The iTrip doesn’t play anything. It connects your Sansa to your car’s stereo system so that you can play your Sansa’s files (mp3 and whatever) through the car’s speakers. The nice thing is it also charges your Fuze at the same time.

sweet thanks

I got the cheap griffen one. I’m glad I didn’t get a more expensive one.

But Like I said, sometimes it’s better than nothing.

The Griffin device is shown connected to the mas macho sansa , the e200!  You can’t beat the deal on that, and the Griffin sounds very clean.  They make an iPod version that I see in use quite regularly, but the sansa is the machine of choice, of course!

Just be sure to get a unit made for the Sansa , as the doPi version will damage your device.

I found one of the cool self-powered Philips TransCast devices (JK98 would LOVE it, as it uses a cool AA battery! ), and I think I’ll be picking up a Griffin too.  Can’t beat the deal!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Whats the “adapter” for OEM stock radio/CD players? 

What can be done other than replacing the entire unit with one that has a 3.5mm input?

The darn fm transmitters degrade the sound so much and create problems when on the road due to signal coming in and out and being overpowered by other fm stations.  it varies a lot by local but switching both the car radio frequency AND the fm tranmitter frequency when driving is not only inconvenient, it’s pretty dangerous.

The fm transmitters do make a pretty good cat toy- especially if you have the kind with stretchy tele-cord.

I just bought a DLO TransDock micro for SanDisk Sansa from ebay ($10.99 free shipping).

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/about/770198472/dlo-transdock-micro-sansa

It works great with sansa fuze and sansa e250 on my car.

Message Edited by roy777 on 05-15-2010 01:35 AM