Suddenly slow to load songs onto the device?

I recently downloaded the Sansa Updater program when a firmware update became available.

The way my computer now handles the Fuze has now changed.

Before, I could plug in my device and see two devices in My Computer.  Now when I plug in the Fuze, I get the “Devices and Printers” window that pops up with several options.

Since that change, anytime I try to load music onto the player it takes a good while before the song is finished copying.

For example, a 52 meg album took 2:11 to copy from my computer to the Fuze.  This seems to have just happened since I installed the firmware update program.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could do to get my fast speed back?  For you reference I’m running Win7Pro 64bit on a Dell XPS m1530.

Thanks, and have a great day!

hbar98 wrote:

I recently downloaded the Sansa Updater program when a firmware update became available.

The way my computer now handles the Fuze has now changed.

Before, I could plug in my device and see two devices in My Computer.  Now when I plug in the Fuze, I get the “Devices and Printers” window that pops up with several options.

Since that change, anytime I try to load music onto the player it takes a good while before the song is finished copying.

For example, a 52 meg album took 2:11 to copy from my computer to the Fuze.  This seems to have just happened since I installed the firmware update program.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could do to get my fast speed back?  For you reference I’m running Win7Pro 64bit on a Dell XPS m1530.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Sounds like what happened is the Sansa Updater, combined with Auto-Defect mode,  is the culprit. Try uninstalling it, get it out of your system…it does you no good. Also, what USB mode is your Fuze in? If it is Auto-Defect, you need to choose either MTP or MSC mode. If you’re not dealing with subscription media, then you are not required to use MTP.

If you still get the devices and printers  pop-up  after  these steps, then go to the main devices and printers page, highlight the Fuze, and there should be an option to remove the Fuze. Select that, unplug the Fuze and its cable, then select MSC mode before you plug back in…that should ensure a return to your original state.:smiley:

I removed the updater program and then removed the device from the main Devices and Printers window, but the speed was still slow…so I checked the USB mode and sure enough it was set to auto.  I set it to MSC and files are being copied much faster!

Thanks for your (very prompt!) help!

hbar98 

hbar98 wrote:

I removed the updater program and then removed the device from the main Devices and Printers window, but the speed was still slow…so I checked the USB mode and sure enough it was set to auto.  I set it to MSC and files are being copied much faster!

Thanks for your (very prompt!) help!

hbar98 

Glad it worked…enjoy your Fuze! :smiley:

You suggestion helped me, as well. I didn’t remove Sansa Updater, but I did go into Task Manager and ended the SansaDispatch.exe process before synching. My sync time was about 150% faster.

runandwrite wrote:

You suggestion helped me, as well. I didn’t remove Sansa Updater, but I did go into Task Manager and ended the SansaDispatch.exe process before synching. My sync time was about 150% faster.

Just goes to show you what a resorce hog the Updater is, and why everyone recommends uninstalling it. As it constantly runs in the background, it will slow all your other computing functions and programs too.

Plus it will nag you every time you plug in your player to the computer.