Space..

Well I bought the 4gb Sansa Fuze, and I plugged it in and all that good stuff and reformatted it via WMP 11, and it says I have 2gb out of 3.7 left, even after reformatting. Is there something im missing?

The simplest way to format the device and free your memory is to use the Format command on the Fuze.

Settings > System Settings > Format > Yes.

This will erase all media from the player.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Dang . . . by the subject title I though this was going to be a Star Trek thread.

“Space . . . the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before.”

Oh well . . . Live long & prosper! :smileyvery-happy:

Did that, fixed it till WMP 11 tried to Sync everything in my library to my player, then stopped it and it went back to 2gb, but on player it says I have pretty much that 3.7gb free, so thats all that matters and im sure it will be fixed once something gets properly synced onto there, but thanks anyways.

Edit: Haha @  Tapeworm’s comment

Message Edited by Creekynoise on 11-30-2008 03:16 PM

You’ve got to keep a close eye and a tight leash on Windows Media Player if you’re dead set on using it. Make sure the Auto-Sync is turned off and Manual-Sync is on. Otherwise, as soon as you plug in to your computer it will attempt to ‘fulfill it’s destiny’ and sync anything and everything on your hard drive to your Fuze.

I, and many others here avoid WMP like the plague for this very reason and keep our players in MSC mode and just drag & drop music to it. That way I’m in control, not WMP and I choose what goes on (and doesn’t go on) my player. :smiley:

@tapeworm wrote:

Dang . . . by the subject title I though this was going to be a Star Trek thread.

“Space . . . the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before.”

Oh well . . . Live long & prosper! :smileyvery-happy:

A surprising number of people don’t know the response to “Live long and prosper” Do you? :wink:

If nobody does I’ll post it in a while:smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

A surprising number of people don’t know the response to “Live long and prosper” Do you? :wink:

“Peace and long life” (I think)

@tapeworm wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

NO! That’s what I was about to put, but you beat me to it. Yeah, you’re right with the peace and long life thing. I thought the same thing, I was like, “Why is there something about space on the Sansa forums?” but then I clicked the link and it ruined everything!

Back on subject, I would reccomend either using drag and drop, or sync the player with Media Monkey or J River Media Jukebox. Both work great!

@tapeworm wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

You are correct sir! :smileyvery-happy:

“The final frontier” came to mind at the first post as well.

On the space front, Endeavour landed safely, too far south of me to hear the sonic boom at Edwards.  I found this trailer yesterday, for the upcoming film.

I’ve never really gotten into the new television series and its iterations.  They employed liberal use of “movie” science, new realms of physics conveniently inserted by the writers in the nick of time.  I couldn’t take it so seriously.  It was more fun when they used the Desilu soundstages, “stone knives, and bearskins, needles and sutures!”

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: