Software to Manage Podcasts on Fuze

Presently I use MediaMonkey to manage podcasts and audiobooks on my Fuze. MM is on its way to becoming a nice application, but it’s not there yet, and the support for the program in the MM forum is lacking.

What software other than Windows Media Player can be used as a podcatcher and properly sync (not copy) podcasts? My current issue is that when MM syncs with the Fuze, it always copies every podcast back to the Fuze, even if the podcast is already on the player. That’s not a sync; it’s a copy. The response on the MM forum is that there are a lot of sync issues with MM.

Unfortunately, podcasts is a function at which my iPod nano excels. I was hoping to completely replace it with the Fuze. Without good management software, it’s not going to happen.

@neumannu47 wrote:

Presently I use MediaMonkey to manage podcasts and audiobooks on my Fuze. MM is on its way to becoming a nice application, but it’s not there yet, and the support for the program in the MM forum is lacking.

What software other than Windows Media Player can be used as a podcatcher and properly sync (not copy) podcasts? My current issue is that when MM syncs with the Fuze, it always copies every podcast back to the Fuze, even if the podcast is already on the player. That’s not a sync; it’s a copy. The response on the MM forum is that there are a lot of sync issues with MM.

Unfortunately, podcasts is a function at which my iPod nano excels. I was hoping to completely replace it with the Fuze. Without good management software, it’s not going to happen.

It depends on how “automatic” you want your podcasts and Fuze to be. I used to use MediaMonkey for it, but instead of “sync” the podcasts, I used the “folder move” command to send them to theFuze podcast folder. Now, I use Juice…it downloads them into a desktop folder, and then I cut (not copy) and paste them into my Clip. Simple, and no extra copies cluttering things up.