So frustrated with SMC

I received 6 SansaFuze mp3 players for use in my classroom, via a DonorsChoose.org project.  I was so excited… until I tried to load anything on them.

The media converter is completely buggy, and I hate it!  My kids can’t use these awesome tools because I can’t figure out this program.  I get all variety of error messages when loading either video or audio files.  I’m reasonably tech-savvy, I do have a clue… but none of my tricks are working.

I have tried converting my video files to mpeg4 before using the converter to load the player, but that’s a no go.  AVI files created using Windows Movie Maker are all, apparently, corrupted, so I figured converting them myself to the mpeg-4 format was my next option.  However, after doing so, the program gets stuck on the conversion screen… so I have to close everything out and start over.

I get the same “corrupted file” error message when trying to load mp3 files from the internet, from my audio recorder, or from CDs I’ve imported in other programs.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?  I have a deadline by which my kids have to be using these in the classroom!  I’m concerned I won’t meet that deadline due to the counterintuitive nature of this program.

Is there an alternative to using SMC?  I’m open to anything… 

Video4fuze

@jedipwnces wrote:

I get the same “corrupted file” error message when trying to load mp3 files from the internet, from my audio recorder, or from CDs I’ve imported in other programs.

How are you loading the audio files?  You should be able to just drag-and-drop them into the fuze.  This is the simplest and easiest method.  Just make sure that the tags – artist, album, song title – info is correct.