Slotradio Player?

"

Ok It has bugged me enough what’s the deal with you and AA/AAA batteries? Work for Energizer? I have a cache of about 20 rechargables for cameras and mice ans keyboards… but I dont want to have to cary them around. Why are you so in to them? I’m Curious, becasue maybe you know something I dont."

I hate having to connect a player to a pc or AC charger to charge it. I hate having to monitor how much battery power is left, and having to remember to charge it. I hate running out of power while I am out and want to listen to music. I like the idea of using a AAA or AA battery so that I can carry spares, and if I am using rechargeables, I can charge up to 4 batteries at a time outside the player.

"I have a cache of about 20 rechargables for cameras and mice ans keyboards… but I dont want to have to cary them around. "

Carrying one or two AA or AAA batteries is easy. I can keep them in coat pockets. In addition to my Fuze and Clip I have an older player that uses one AAA battery. It has only one GB of storage though so I bought the Fuze then the Clip. This older player is so convenient to use since it uses one AAA battery and navigates by folders. The sound quality is a bit lower than the Clip or Fuze, however it also has an LCD display that is on all the time while the player is playing. It  doesn’t have a card slot though. I wish Sandisk would make a player with a card slot that uses a AA or AAA battery, has a display that is on all the time while the player is playing, navigates by folders, and has a card slot. An LCD display would consume very little power. Digital watches with an LCD display that is on all the time run for years on a tiny button battery. They typically have a backlight that is on just while a dedicated button is being pressed. Why can’t an mp3 player be like that?

I also bought a Sandisk Slotmusic player. It was only $20, however it is still a disappointment. It has no display, and the sound quality is lower than all my other players. I bought it since it uses a AAA battery. I hope Sandisk makes an improved Slotmusic player that uses one AA or AAA battery, has a basic display that is on all the time while the player is playing(LCD?), a card slot, and sound quality equal to the Fuze.