Accepted Solution

Slot radio card not recognized on fuze player

I have purchased a new fuze player with the 02.02.26 firmware and when the slotradio card is inserted the player does not recognize the card. It will not put the sr icon on the player and frezzes the player up until you remove the card and reboot the player.
SanDisk Guru

Re: Slot radio card not recognized on fuze player

When you insert the slotradio card, is your fuze turned off?  If your player is on, then you're hot swapping an external card and I heard that doing that isn't a good idea.

With the player off, insert the slotradio card, turn it on, and it'll refresh the database.  Maybe that will get your fuze to recognize the card.

When you insert the card before the player is on and then turn on the player it freezes on the sansa icon
SanDisk Guru

It could be that the firmware is corrupt. Only since the last firmware update has the fuze been compatible with slotradio cards.  You'll have to reinstall it manually.   There's a sticky at the top of this board that'll link you to the update and will have instructions on how to do it.

Another cause could be, and this is only a guess, is the usb mode that your player is in.  You can put it into MSC mode in system settings > usb mode > msc.  If you do this before reinstalling the firmware, you'll have to change it again.  Updating or reinstalling it resets the mode to "automode".

Last thing to consider, since this is a new purchase, have you put a regular microsdhc card in yet?  It maybe the slot and a hardware problem.

May be it is the slot radio card. I installed a sd card and it refreshes media and everything is avaliable from the card.
SanDisk Guru

Sounds like you found the answer  -- a defective card.

If another slotradio card does the same thing, then I still recommend reinstalling the firmware.  The slotradio cards are a good value.  Can't beat the price for 1,000 songs.

I'll let you know after i get a new one from bestbuy
SanDisk User

I wouldn't rush to Best Buy... I would first uninstall the Sansa updater if you have previously installed it, reboot, and install a fresh copy of the Sansa updater - see here - http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/156/kw/firmware/r_id/101834

Do all of this with the device disconnected from your PC. Only when asked to by the updater - hook up your Fuze to the PC, it should offer a new firmware, and I bet you after it installs, it will work like a charm...

LMK if this works.

I have unistalled and installed the new updater and ran the update program as mentioned, but just as before the only update is for the sansa media convertor and user manual. The player has the most up to date firmware 2.02.26. Open to more suggestions!
SanDisk Guru

@Elcmno wrote:
I have unistalled and installed the new updater and ran the update program as mentioned, but just as before the only update is for the sansa media convertor and user manual. The player has the most up to date firmware 2.02.26. Open to more suggestions!

Forget the Updater nonsense and just re-install the firmware manually. The simple instructions are in the Firmware Update post.