Slightly broken headphone jack

Its gotten very loose over time and now the sound kinda cuts out if any slight amount of pressure is put on the plug. Its really annoying when I plug it into my sound system and it just all together cuts out, but not so much with headphones. It seems like the plug part (internally soldered to the board) is getting loose. This same thing happened to me years ago with a CD player, except eventually it just broke off. That was when I learned to unplug my headphones when I put it away. But anyway, is this sort of thing covered by my best buy warrantee? If not, whatever, its not that annoying…

@deadcereal wrote:
But anyway, is this sort of thing covered by my best buy warrantee? If not, whatever, its not that annoying…

If not the Best Buy (you’d have to check or ask them), then certainly SanDisk’s 1-year warranty covers it. It takes a little longer to get a replacement, but they do and will cover it 100% (sometimes more). :smiley:

My computer was down, sorry for the rediculously long reply. Best Buy said that Sansa’s 'tee covered it, so it was free to replace it. Thank you!

Did they want…a shrubbery?

I just couldn’t help it, remembering your signature line.  I’m glad BB covered a replacement for you.  I always unplug when the machine is not in use, as it’s all to easy to load the plug inadvertently.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah, I leave it unplugged too, and I even keep it in an altoids tin with a special hole cut out for my headphones. 'Tis a pity. I liked my blue one and all they had was red…

Sadly, they did not ask for a shrubbery. They also did not shout ni at me. Or ICKYICKYICKYPETANGZOOMPHUT at me, so they must not be the knights who may have formerly said ni!