Skipping and mixing tracks after firmware upgrade?!

I can’t explain this. Since the last firmware upgrade my wife’s Fuze started skipping tracks (e.g. skipping to the next song half way through the current one), but funniest part - it mixes parts of files. We may be listening to one song, then all of a sudden it would be interrupted by 1 second of a file from a different album, and then get back to playing the first song from the point it was interrupted. What gives?!

That’s wacky.

Are you sure you’re not using newly Bit-Torrented albums? A partial download can give you results like that.

Otherwise, I’d just downgrade. Go to the Firmware Update thread, copy the link to the new firmware, paste it into a new browser tab and change 1.02.28.zip (or 2.02.28.zip) to 1.02.26.zip or 2.02.26.zip. The old firmware is still there to be downloaded. 

Mine was doing that too.  I downloaded all of my music back off and reset my Fuze and reformated it.

Loaded songs back on and problem went away.

@black_rectangle wrote:

That’s wacky.

Are you sure you’re not using newly Bit-Torrented albums? A partial download can give you results like that.

No, these are not partial downloads - these are ripped albums.

@marquis6461 wrote:

Mine was doing that too.  I downloaded all of my music back off and reset my Fuze and reformated it.

Loaded songs back on and problem went away.

After reading your post I went back and had a look at it. Yip, it only happens to files that were uploaded to the Fuze before firmware upgrade. So I think I’ll delete those and sync them again. Thanks for your help everyone!