Shuffling and scrolling

I’m using my Fuse now for some weeks and I’m very satisfied. I have a few minor questions.

The first one is this:  is it possible, being in the suffle mode, to leave that mode at a certain point and to continue to listen to the album that I was brought to? In the old days, my iPod shuffle made exactly that possible: to listen to the songs on my player at random and to leave that mode and stay with the album that at that moment matched my mood. The iPod allowed me do that by switching a button. If the Fuse can do the same, it must be on the software level. But I can’t find the option.

My second question is this: my Fuse is loaded with a lot of albums. Scrolling through the list of albums (or artists) seems only possible in one direction, from A to Z. That is to say: if I’m looking for an album of which the name begins with - say - the Z, then I have to scroll down all the way from A to B to C etc. It doesn’t seem possible to take a shortcut and to scroll up - so to say - from A directly to Z. Is this correct? 

Is there anyone that can help me?

ArdS

1)  No that is not an option

2)  Upgrade your firmware and you can scroll quicker and in reverse order from A wrap around to Z.  The original firmware did not support that.

Message Edited by sansafix on 04-10-2009 08:54 AM

That’s a pity, but thanks, sansafix! How can I upgrade my firmware. I’m using a Mac, so maybe the procedure is different from that in case of a Windows pc?

In the Firmware update thread on here read the first post for the manual update instructions. Those work regardless of system.

I did read them and tried to follow the instructions. After downloading both files (what the difference between the two is not clear to me) my iMac seems to ‘unzip’ the fuze1.02.26.zipfile. The result is a file, named fuzeA.bin. And from there I cannot go on. My iMac doesn’t know, nor do I.

Message Edited by ArdS on 04-10-2009 11:34 AM

@ards wrote:
I did read them and tried to follow the instructions. After downloading both files (what the difference between the two is not clear to me) my iMac seems to ‘unzip’ the fuze1.02.26.zipfile. The result is a file, named fuzeA.bin. And from there I cannot go on. My iMac doesn’t know, nor do I.

Drag and drop the file to the fuze.  Don’t put it in any of the directories, just in the root of the fuze.  Disconnect, and it should say ‘updating firmware’ and eventually shut off.

Great, that was much easier than I thought. And it works!

I’m really with you on your first question. I put a request in on the new features request forum. Please add a “Me Too!” to the thread

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=4003

–Chris

Message Edited by cmhodge on 04-11-2009 03:40 AM