Set me right-Hav 8gb Fuze/8gb extr card; depending on setting(msc/mtp)-Fuze as 1 "drive"?

I’m kind of confused with the mtp/mtc selection choice. 

Is it correct that if I had of selected the correct one, I could have placed all music files in one place as if the two drives were one and then create playlist after playlist and the lists would have found all the files as if all files were on a single drive?

The way I have it now, my songs are on separate drives and when I create a playlist in WMP I have to make sure the songs are on the particular (same) drive as the drive I am adding the playlist. Otherwise the songs would be added to both drives when sync-ing the playlists. 

Thank you in advance.

@eleellis wrote:

I’m kind of confused with the mtp/mtc selection choice. 

Is it correct that if I had of selected the correct one, I could have placed all music files in one place as if the two drives were one and then create playlist after playlist and the lists would have found all the files as if all files were on a single drive?

The way I have it now, my songs are on separate drives and when I create a playlist in WMP I have to make sure the songs are on the particular (same) drive as the drive I am adding the playlist. Otherwise the songs would be added to both drives when sync-ing the playlists. 

Thank you in advance.

The Part in blue is the only way to do it.

When your Fuze is connected via MTP, it looks in Windows like one device “Sansa Fuze 4GB” with two internal ‘device’ folders “Internal Memory” and “External uSD Card”.

You can, under MTP, make playlists that contain tracks from both internal memory  and the uSD card. But it really doesn’t work very well in my experience. See here for details.

Also note that stuff loaded into internal memory in MTP mode is not visible to the host PC when the Fuze is connected in MSC mode & vice versa, which will also limit how you can edit playlists.

Stuff on the uSD is visible in both modes, regardless of how it got there.

Message Edited by daytona955 on 03-23-2009 03:36 AM