Scroll Wheel Problems..need advice.

hey all.

i recently received an 8gb sansa fuze as a replacement for a defective 8gb sansa view.

now im having problems with this device.:neutral_face:

the scroll wheel is making this really weird crunching noise when i click left and sometimes it doesnt work at all unless i press really REALLY hard.

is this something i can fix myself? or should i try to rma it?:cry:

ty in advance for any help 

@devadv wrote:

hey all.

i recently received an 8gb sansa fuze as a replacement for a defective 8gb sansa view.

now im having problems with this device.:neutral_face:

the scroll wheel is making this really weird crunching noise when i click left and sometimes it doesnt work at all unless i press really REALLY hard.

is this something i can fix myself? or should i try to rma it?:cry:

ty in advance for any help 

RMA it sounds like something is broken or is underneith the wheel.

ima trying.

waiting on reply from email as we speak.

ty m8:wink:

@conversionbox wrote:

I agree. Unlike the e200 series where you can dis-assemble it and clean and/or lubricate the scroll whell, the Fuze is a (supposedly) sealed unit, not intended to be repaired. I say supposedly, because it can be done but I wouldn’t advise it on something under warranty.

Might as well give the re-furbers more fodder. :stuck_out_tongue:

sealed? LOL:smileyvery-happy:

there is a visable gap inbetween the covers of my player:smiley:

@devadv wrote:

sealed? LOL:smileyvery-happy:

there is a visable gap inbetween the covers of my player:smiley:

But try to open it up and you WILL void the warranty. Get the RMA. Its easier.

Despite the inconvenience (sounds like your luck is similar to my own), please contact support concerning your replacement Fuze.  Explain your findings to them, and don’t attempt surgery on your new Fuze.

Contact Support at 1-866-SanDisk.  Did you register your device via the Support link above?  That’s always a good idea.  Remember, the one year warranty is from the original date of sale.

Sounds like something is going on with your Fuze. 

µsansa

Yeah, sounds like something on the bottum of the scroll wheel must be broken. The Fuze is really, a pretty sealed product, but you can still do surgery on it, but don’t try it, get a new Fuze.

ty all for the advice, ill call tomorrow if i dont recieve a reply email.:smiley: