Sansafix, how close to a new firmware that fixes the song limit? (up from 4120)

People who write bilge like that have no business acting as a spokesperson for the company.  They are doing a DISservice to the customers with idiotic statements provided as excuses rather than giving us some idea when this stupid design decision will be fixed.  Yes STUPID since, as previous post points out, SanDisk MAKES and markets memory and should have known that a 4K song limit was just plain dumb.  128k audio is overkill played thru anything likely to be connected to a portable player.  If your ears are over 25 years old you probably can’t hear the difference anyway.  No response would have better than his suggestions.

And give me a break!  I’ve worked in the electronics industry longer than I care to admit and already know the answer, but I’d like to hear a SanDisk response:  

How many programmer MINUTES are required to change the size of the table space for the song index and make sure the pointers can handle a 16 bit number?  If they haven’t already committed to yet another stupid design decision, I’d make the next version handle 16 bit numbers and allow the table space to grow as needed.  So you argue the table will get too big?  The problem occurs because of bigger memory so USE SOME OF IT. Duh! The table will only ever get as big as it needs to be and we’ll never have this conversation again.

Is anyone in SanDisk marketing or management monitoring any of this?

Message Edited by fbtjr1947 on 11-14-2008 06:20 PM