Sansafix - enhance m3u support to allow absolute paths?

@Sansafix - would it be possible to enhance m3u support to allow absolute paths?  I’ve answered a million posts about “why is my playlist empty” and it’s always because of the absolute vs. relative path issue.  Unfortunately, many popular tools use absolute paths in m3u playlists.  And even more unfortunately, many don’t allow the option of relative paths.  It’s especially frustrating and confusing to users because the absolute paths are valid, it’s just that the player doesn’t interpret them correctly.

Winamp is a prime example.  It’s an excellent tool and the syncing abilities are great, but synced m3u playlists always have absolute paths.

It seems like it should be a simple thing to implement and it would solve virtually all user problems with m3u playlists.  Is there any chance it could happen?

Yes we are working on this.  It will happen early next year.

I agree that this should be included.

Sansafix: Any ETA on when it should be added next year? 

@sansafix wrote:

That’s great news.  That would make Winamp and MediaMonkey 100% functional for syncing in MSC mode.

@skinjob wrote:

@sansafix wrote:

That’s great news.  That would make Winamp and MediaMonkey 100% functional for syncing in MSC mode.

And, I think, most any media player (including theAmarok one that I’m so fond of :-D)