Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Sansa started freezing up

@zapper130 wrote:
Well its working again, this is nuts could it be the 4GB since every time I insert the disk it goes bonkers, any site on this and feed back would be appreciated.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the card; it's a rare instance when they fail and even more rare that you get a bad one new. More likely is the fact you have something on the card that the Fuze is choking on, like a corrupted song file, bad (or wrong format) ID3 tag, or questionable content received from file-stealing sharing sites such as Lime or Frostwire.

I'd try running ChkDsk (error-checking) on both the internal memory and the card and see if anything turns up. Then get MP3Tag or another dedicated tagging program and make sure all tags are ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 format. While you're into the tags, delete any and all information in the Comments field. This can really screw with the Sansa wee brain. Smiley Wink

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Thanks, Tapeworm if I am not mistaken there is nothing on the disk but will check and correct if need be.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Well tried to format the Disk and a message error pop up " Windows is unabled to finish the format " never ran acroos this before????
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

If you're attempting this with the card in the player, I believe the player has to be set to MSC mode for Windows to be able to format it.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Let me see if I understand you correctly, if the card is in the player, it wasn't it was in the adapter inserted into my pc. 
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

OK, you might indeed have a defective card. Just for fun though, try switching your player to MSC mode and formatting the card in there.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Ok, will try.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Try it it frooze on a song that was playing, now will switch back when I can. any other ideas?????
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Did you attempt to format the card through Windows while it was in the player as I previously suggested?
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I am unabled the  same message appears as usual.