Sansa needs to remake the orginal Fuze

I like having the fuze but I just realized they stop making them. I wanna tell sansa to remake the old fuze. Is there anybody with me?

I, too would like to see the Fuze remade. However, since Sandisk is probably more interested in SSDs, I doubt this will happen. If Sandisk was interested in the DAP at all, they’d probably issue some badly-needed updates to the Fuze+, rather than let it continue to live as an embarassment to the Sandisk and Sansa names.

If, however, Sandisk did bring back the good 'ol Fuze, I’d be the first to

*Shake your Sansa!*

*Shake your Sansa!*

The original Fuze is the best. Imagine if they released and improved version.  How nice would that be.

We just bought one of the new ones for $75 retail. It was D.O.A. out of the box. Apparently, about a third of them are. We tried holding the power button down for 30 seconds, tried charging it for a couple hours, but it would not power on.

My wife bought it without researching first. One quick Google search would have saved us time, disappointment and frustration. We returned it and will never buy another SanDisk product again. In an effort to cut manufacting costs, SanDisk has now produced the worst MP3 player on the market.

But the original Sansa Fuze was one of the best MP3 players around. I bought several myself. How a company can willingly give up on such a successful product in favor of an absolute disaster is beyond reason.

So, yeah, these idiots should return to the original design.

I remember reading somewhere that the reason they stopped making the good old wheel design was mainly due to legal issues with apple who contended that the wheel design is proprietry to them with their ipod.

I think that’s bull**bleep** of course, as the ipod wheel is completely different, as it uses touch sensors, and the fuze wheel uses a physical wheel. ipod never used physical wheel.

You can still buy used Sana Fuze’s off of Ebay at least.  

@deadmeow wrote:

You can still buy used Sana Fuze’s off of Ebay at least.  

For about twice what they sold for when they were current. :cry: :angry:

The used Fuzes on ebay aren’t that expensive,. It looks like the 8GB ones sell for around $70 or so, and the used 4GB ones sell for around $50. Not  double the original prices, but close to what the original prices were.

Haha, funny graphic above.  Better to kick a dead horse (for free)  than to waste money on a new model Fuze Minus.

@deadmeow wrote:

The original Fuze is the best. Imagine if they released and improved version.  How nice would that be.

I agree. It’s been too long (IMHO) since Sandisk has released any new/improved Sansa products. If they could release, not the same old thing the already had years ago, but something new, and user-friendly enough to be worthy of the name “Sansa”, I think they’d get even more respect from users that they would re-releasing the original Fuze.

If I were Sandisk, I would release the “Fuze Lite”, or whatever they want to call it, and have it feature *actual* buttons, video playback flexibility/compatibility that’s at least equal to the Fuze+, and a redesigned UI that people actually *want* to use. I would also add OGG Opus support, just as an added bonus. Support for third-party plugins wouldn’t be a bad idea, either.