Sansa fuze returned but disappointed

I have returned a faulty MP3 player with 2GBs which might I add is the lowest memory you may buy for Sansa Fuze. Recently I have sent my product to Sandisk whom said that I would have to wait 7-10 business days to receive my (replacement) product…When I called to find out if the product had been sent the Agent says that the product was sent to California for whatever reasons I am not aware of because I cannot access my email account within the day. When I asked to speak to a Manager of the facility I was transferred to a Supervisor who also said the product was sent out to California and I would need to wait (another) 7-10 days to receive my (replacement) product. Earlier, before they had received the product, they told me that what they do to the faulty Sansa Fuze is they take it and “throw it away” and “supposedly” when they receive such products they return a (new) Sansa Fuze to you…well in this case I don’t know what I am waiting for but I believe I should be receiving my product ASAP or I will ask for my money back and given the details above I will warn people of the bad services I inquired while waiting for my (new) product. I don’t see reason to send my faulty MP3 player to a Californian tech. Agent considering that has nothing to do with me nor the product I should be receiving… I am very disappointed and hopefully I will receive what I had paid for within the given days I was told I would receive the product. Im beginning to think there trying to repair the device which I wish not to get back because it might do the same thing. For those of you wondering why I sent it back…well, the MP3 player stopped working (period) nothing would happen, it wouldn’t turn on it wasn’t recognized by (any) computer, and unfortunately it wouldn’t even charge.

clearly you have little to no experience with rma’ing items with large companies. 1. they give an estimated time of 7-10 days but if you really read what it says thats just an average time and it “should” only take that long. 2. if you even remotly think thats bad, try rma’ing ANYTHING with sony…have fun trying to get them to give you an rma number, then have fun trying to get them to justify why it is taking a month or so to rma a device that was clearly defective… 3. try rma’ing something with creative…same kind of deal as above… relax, I know it ■■■■■ to be out your player but honestly patience is a virtue, the fuze has been discontinued, they could be trying to decide if they are going to send you a fuze or a fuze+ as replacement for example.

@nick110889 wrote:

I have returned a faulty MP3 player with 2GBs which might I add is the lowest memory you may buy for Sansa Fuze. . .

I really can’t understand what this has to do with anything. 

the Agent says that the product was sent to California for whatever reasons I am not aware of . . .

Because California is where SanDisk corporate headquarters & their return center are.

they told me that what they do to the faulty Sansa Fuze is they take it and “throw it away” and “supposedly” when they receive such products they return a (new) Sansa Fuze to you . . .

Yeah, they’ll “throw it away” right into the hands of re-furbers, who will format it, re-load the firmware, give it a spit & polish and sell it again to someone too cheap to spend the money on a new one.

well in this case I don’t know what I am waiting for . . .

You’re waiting for your warranty replacement.

or I will ask for my money back . . .

You’ll only get this from your retailer. SanDsik will not give any money back. That’s not part of their warranty. You didn’t buy it directly from them; you bought it from someone else who bought it from SanDisk. But since you’ve already agreed to the warranty terms by sending it back, you have nothing in which to take back to the dealer (and you’re probably outside of their return ‘window’ anyway).

I will warn people of the bad services I inquired while waiting for my (new) product.

I haven’t seen where you have suffered that much. Sandisk agreed to send you a new player for free. It ain’t gonna happen overnight. You have to allow time for the mail service & processing the order. On the contrary, you are beinig given very good service in comparision to some other companies. You just aren’t being given the answers you want to hear.

For those of you wondering why I sent it back…well, the MP3 player stopped working (period) nothing would happen, it wouldn’t turn on it wasn’t recognized by (any) computer, and unfortunately it wouldn’t even charge.

Unfortunately, these things happen with electronics. Part of the blame has to be directed at you and all other consumers. We all want things for the lowest price possible. To acheive that, mass & mechanical production (from China) must occur to lower the costs. Defective products get out that way. Be very thankful you bought this from a company who stands behind their products 110%. Many don’t.

Nick110889 wrote:

I have returned a faulty MP3 player with 2GBs which might I add is the lowest memory you may buy for Sansa Fuze. . . 

the Agent says that the product was sent to California for whatever reasons I am not aware of . . .

Because California is where SanDisk corporate headquarters & their return center are.

they told me that what they do to the faulty Sansa Fuze is they take it and “throw it away” and “supposedly” when they receive such products they return a (new) Sansa Fuze to you . . .

Yeah, they’ll “throw it away” right into the hands of re-furbers, who will format it, re-load the firmware, give it a spit & polish and sell it again to someone too cheap to spend the money on a new one.

You’ll only get this from your retailer. SanDsik will not give any money back. That’s not part of their warranty. You didn’t buy it directly from them; you bought it from someone else who bought it from SanDisk. But since you’ve already agreed to the warranty terms by sending it back, you have nothing in which to take back to the dealer (and you’re probably outside of their return ‘window’ anyway).

I will warn people of the bad services I inquired while waiting for my (new) product.

I haven’t seen where you have suffered that much. Sandisk agreed to send you a new player for free. It ain’t gonna happen overnight. You have to allow time for the mail service & processing the order. On the contrary, you are beinig given very good service in comparision to some other companies. You just aren’t being given the answers you want to hear.

For those of you wondering why I sent it back…well, the MP3 player stopped working (period) nothing would happen, it wouldn’t turn on it wasn’t recognized by (any) computer, and unfortunately it wouldn’t even charge.

Unfortunately, these things happen with electronics. Part of the blame has to be directed at you and all other consumers. We all want things for the lowest price possible. To acheive that, mass & mechanical production (from China) must occur to lower the costs. Defective products get out that way. Be very thankful you bought this from a company who stands behind their products 110%. Many don’t.

Nick110889 wrote:

You’ll only get this from your retailer. Sanissk will not give any money back. That’s not part of their warranty. You didn’t buy it directly from them; you bought it from someone else who bought it from SanDisk. But since you’ve already agreed to the warranty terms by sending it back, you have nothing in which to take back to the dealer (and you’re probably outside of their return ‘window’ anyway).

Nick110889 wrote:

You’ll only get this from your retailer. SanDisk will not give any money back. That’s not part of their warranty. You didn’t buy it directly from them; you bought it from someone else who bought it from SanDisk. But since you’ve already agreed to the warranty terms by sending it back, you have nothing in which to take back to the dealer (and you’re probably outside of their return ‘window’ anyway).

I have looked into your RMA and the reason that the Fuze was shipped to CA is that the identification number had been scratched off the back and the receiving warehouse was unable to identify the product correctly. When this happens the product is shipped back to SanDisk Corporate HQ for identification. This has lead to the delay in shipping your replacement. I spoke with the RMA team and they have confirmed your replacement to ship so you should be receiving it very soon. To ensure this does not happen in the future be careful not to remove any identification numbers from your product. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Tapeworm: true for the most part, but I dont really like the crack about people being to cheap to buy new rather then referb, you may have endless money, but most people dont, infact most people I know around here lately have been pretty strapped for cash. Now some referb’s are bad, but in my exp, most are fine, Infact those from tiger direct have been excelent(sometimes sold as openbox others sold as referb same deal tho) they have had minor scratches at times, but they have always worked and once updated have worked just as well as my 2 retail fuze 8gb’s(that cost over 2x the price) and Thanks slotmonsta, sounds like a user blaming sandisk for their own mistake.

@slotmonsta wrote:

… the identification number had been scratched off the back …

Why would anyone do that?  Unless it was stolen and to make it untraceable.

Bob

its on the sticker on the back of the player, some…people seem to like to remove stickers they really shouldnt, hes lucky hes getting a replacement, alot of companies will just send the item back or refuse the rma if you have removed the serial number.

Sandisk can’t refuse to RMA a unit just because the ID number is missing from the back.  The ID number has been known to rub off just from regular use.  Scratching it off is still a little usual though.

actually they can, infact they can make up any **bleep** reason they want to refuse an rma, I have worked in RMA depts, you would be surprised at how little justification is needed to refuse an rma on any product, hell you can say it is “to dusty” even :wink:

The sticker is recessed. You have to really work to get it off. I have mine in a silicone skin that covers the whole thing, but It looks like it would be really difficult to inadvertently remove the serial number. Note that SanDisk plans to replace the unit even though the serial has been removed. That seems pretty decent to me.

yeah that was my point BR, hes lucky that hes getting a replacement, the fuze tags not easy to remove inadvertently, I know companies I have worked for would very likely have refused the rma and sent the device back to the owner or offered to send it back at the owners expense…

I have to give Sandisk kudos for going the extra mile and sending the OP’s unit to CA for an RMA.  It just shows how good their customer service is.