Sansa fuze docking stations?

thats why i posted that today for a quick response…if it was compatable i would of bought it today. thats the greatness of woot. one day sale for a cheaper price.

Does anyone know if the Sansa Base Station comes with an AC adaptor? If not can I purchase a USB wall charger and use that with it?

Sansa Base comes with AC adaptor, yes

ok just to make sure this one    http://www.cispc.com/ssproduct.asp?pf_id=1010127541  is ok for the fuze?

just to make sure before i purchase it.

Yes.  You will not use the plastic adapters as the Fuze is wider than e200 or c200.  I have this home and the Fuze can hold itself up from the connector with the adapters removed.

It works well. 

Are there any plans to update the station adaptor for the Fuze?  Injection mouldings require specialized dies of course (the expensive part), but it looks like time to upgrade a good product with a Fuze adaptor.

Supporting the device is a good thing, as children (sure, blame the kids…hehehe) could push the Fuze back while on the dock.

Bob  :wink:

Maybe Sandisk should take a page from Sony and start including the adapter with the player instead of the dock.  I think it’s a great way to make sure new users are aware of (and more likely to buy) the Sansa dock and also guarantees they have the right adapter.

As you can tell from the number of “Is there a dock for the Fuze?” posts in this forum, new users are obviously not aware of the Sansa dock.

UPDATE

ok i got my docking station and for some reason i don’t kno why sansa makes all their products so difficult to operate but after 25 mintues i got it working but only on my tv av channel, and the reason why i bought it was to listen to it while playing x box…

i can’t do that if its on the av channel.  so i have to buy speakers just for the docking station…

can anyone give me a suggestion on what i should do?

You expect your TV to be able to play audio from two different sources on one set of speakers at the same time?  O.o;

putting it that way it does sound crazy. but i play x box with the tv mute(volume at 0) and listen to music.

Well, it would depend on how your system is set up…  if you are using HDMI, you might have no other recourse.  If you are going through an amp, you might be able to just get a (bipolar 3.5mm female jack to 2 male RCA phono) adapter and replace the input from the XBOX.

I’d like to play the Sansa Fuze through my home stereo. What would be the best way to set this up? Thanks!

@bruiser13 wrote:

I’d like to play the Sansa Fuze through my home stereo. What would be the best way to set this up? Thanks!

Did you read the previous posts in this thread?

If you’re looking for the Sansa Base Station, it is no longer listed in the SanDisk store (or on Amazon), but you might be able to locate on elsewhere.

Otherwise, you’ll have to get a jumper cable (with male plugs on both ends) and use the headphone jack out to the AUX IN jack on your stereo. While not the best option, it will work.

Jumper cable? I’d save those for the car battery.

You get a cord that has a stereo minijack–like the thing on the end of your headphone cord–at one end, and whatever connector your stereo will accept in its Aux jack.

If I were to use the auxilliary input on the home stereo, is there a way to avoid running it on the batteries?

I thought the SanDisk docking system sounded pretty good, but unsure where to buy one.

Thanks.

@bruiser13 wrote:

I thought the SanDisk docking system sounded pretty good, but unsure where to buy one.

Did you try Googling it?

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/160420/SanDisk-Sansa-Base-Station-digital-player/

@tapeworm wrote:

@bruiser13 wrote:

Did you try Googling it?

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/160420/SanDisk-Sansa-Base-Station-digital-player/

Ah yes, the fabled Google…

(yeah, I’m bored):stuck_out_tongue:

Would it work to plug into the headphone jacks on both the fuze and the stereo receiver? I’d have to find a cord maybe at radio shack. thanks.

@bruiser13 wrote:

Would it work to plug into the headphone jacks on both the fuze and the stereo receiver? I’d have to find a cord maybe at radio shack. thanks.

I think that’s what I suggested here:

@tapeworm wrote:

Otherwise, you’ll have to get a jumper cable (with male plugs on both ends) and use the headphone jack out to the AUX IN jack on your stereo. While not the best option, it will work.

The terminolgy (jumper cable) may not be the correct description, and you may have to use an adaptor plug on the stereo end but yes, this will work. You won’t have the advantage of the remote control the Sansa Base Station has, it won’t charge and the sound quality and/or volume level may be not as good as using the dock’s line out connection but you’ll have music.