Reply
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,301
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Sansa fuze docking stations?


@Bruiser13 wrote:

I'd like to play the Sansa Fuze through my home stereo. What would be the best way to set this up? Thanks!



Did you read the previous posts in this thread?

 

If you're looking for the Sansa Base Station, it is no longer listed in the SanDisk store (or on Amazon), but you might be able to locate on elsewhere.

 

Otherwise, you'll have to get a jumper cable (with male plugs on both ends) and use the headphone jack out to the AUX IN jack on your stereo. While not the best option, it will work.

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 2,954
Registered: ‎09-06-2008

Re: Sansa fuze docking stations?

Jumper cable? I'd save those for the car battery.

 

You get a cord that has a stereo minijack--like the thing on the end of your headphone cord--at one end, and whatever connector your stereo will accept in its Aux jack.

SanDisk User
Posts: 37
Registered: ‎02-19-2009

Re: Sansa fuze docking stations?

If I were to use the auxilliary input on the home stereo, is there a way to avoid running it on the batteries?

 

I thought the SanDisk docking system sounded pretty good, but unsure where to buy one.

 

Thanks.

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,301
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Sansa fuze docking stations?


@Bruiser13 wrote:

 

I thought the SanDisk docking system sounded pretty good, but unsure where to buy one.

 


Did you try Googling it?

 

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/160420/SanDisk-Sansa-Base-Station-digital-player/

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: Sansa fuze docking stations?


@Tapeworm wrote:

@Bruiser13 wrote:

 

I thought the SanDisk docking system sounded pretty good, but unsure where to buy one.

 


Did you try Googling it?

 

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/160420/SanDisk-Sansa-Base-Station-digital-player/


Ah yes, the fabled Google.....

 

(yeah, I'm bored)Smiley Tongue

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk User
Posts: 37
Registered: ‎02-19-2009

Re: Sansa fuze docking stations?

Would it work to plug into the headphone jacks on both the fuze and the stereo receiver? I'd have to find a cord maybe at radio shack. thanks.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,301
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Sansa fuze docking stations?


@Bruiser13 wrote:

Would it work to plug into the headphone jacks on both the fuze and the stereo receiver? I'd have to find a cord maybe at radio shack. thanks.



I think that's what I suggested here:


@Tapeworm wrote:

 

Otherwise, you'll have to get a jumper cable (with male plugs on both ends) and use the headphone jack out to the AUX IN jack on your stereo. While not the best option, it will work.

 


 The terminolgy (jumper cable) may not be the correct description, and you may have to use an adaptor plug on the stereo end but yes, this will work. You won't have the advantage of the remote control the Sansa Base Station has, it won't charge and the sound quality and/or volume level may be not as good as using the dock's line out connection but you'll have music.