Sansa fuze big problem FAT is corrupted...

Hi i have strange problem with my sansa. I have error on pink screen “Fat is corrupted please connect…”. when i plug mp3 to laptop windows recognize it like a pendrive. I formtted on FAT32 (fast) , (FAT) and exFAT) with default size allocation. I still have pink screen and error and i cant input to menu of mp3.How i can back to default settings. sorry for my english
http://img204.imageshack.us/i/beztytuuhh.jpg/

Use regular Format, not QuickFormat, and FAT32.

now windows dont recognize sansa. “unkwnon device” i lost hope pls help me

Make sure the unit is off

Slide the power switch down into Hold position–you’ll see a dot in the slot.

Connect the USB cord to the computer. Open Windows Explorer.

Hold down the << and keep holding it as you connect the USB cord to the Fuze. It should pop up as two USB drives in Windows Explorer. Format from there.

sansa off, hold setted, connecting with holding <<<< . Windows still dont recognize it :/. Please help

finally i formatted on fat32 (slow) and still i have error “fat is corrupted”

Probably time to call in the experts then. They get paid for this kind of help. Make them earn their money. :wink:

SanDisk Tech Support

If it’s still under warranty and they can’t get it going, then they can arrange for a replacement unit for you.

First, try resetting the Fuze by sliding the power switch to the ON position, and HOLD it there for about 20 seconds.  Then, don’t power it up- instead. slide the power switch all the way down to the LOCK position. 

Press and hold the << button while connecting to the USB port, and see if the device will mount as a USB drive.  You should then be able to access the drive in MSC mode.

While connected in this mode, you have the options of using the Windows Format command or use the manage function to “check the volume for errors” like it’s described here.  If you’re so inclined, you can also use the chkdsk function from a command prompt.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

First, try resetting the Fuze by sliding the power switch to the ON position, and HOLD it there for about 20 seconds.  Then, don’t power it up- instead. slide the power switch all the way down to the LOCK position. 

Press and hold the << button while connecting to the USB port, and see if the device will mount as a USB drive.  You should then be able to access the drive in MSC mode.

While connected in this mode, you have the options of using the Windows Format command or use the manage function to “check the volume for errors” like it’s described here.  If you’re so inclined, you can also use the chkdsk function from a command prompt.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Neutron_bob, I don’t think that this is going to help. If the device was re-formatted, than any errors that may have been present on the device will have been erased, along with everything else. Hence, the whole process would be a waiste of time.

From personal experience (I did the exact same thing and it ended up “forgetting” it was a Fuze), if you’ve tried to reinstall the firmware, and it doesn’t work, then it’s time to return it, if it’s under a year old.

I said that you have the option of formatting, or checking the volume for errors.  Formatting is the Nuclear Option, writing over any potential errors anew, and as the title mentions “FAT corruption”, the latter solution is possible.

Bob  :wink: