Sansa and Micro sd cards

Bought a additional 4GB micro card and for some reason my Sansa will not recognise it?? It is the right card and yet zip, nada, what could it be and in the meantime I am enjoying my player so much that I am running out of storage all of the downloads are music.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thinking of going to BB and see what they suggest, in the mean time.

Thanks

You’re not rich on details here, though I doubt it would make the difference in getting any advice.

It probably works or it won’t.

Best try to return it and take your Fuze to the store so they can advice you on a working card and give you the guarantee that you can return it if it doesn’t.

Good luck.

Make sure you have the card all the way in. You should feel a little click and to take it out you have to push it in a little further to release it. I do it with a fingernail.

If you can just pull it out, it’s not in all the way. 

Short of the card not being inserted completely, as suggested by BR , it’s either got to be a faulty card or a faulty Fuze.

How can I tell which one is at fault???

test the card in another device that uses micro SDHC cards

@zapper130 wrote:

Well d’uh . . . the simplest way would be to try another card in the player. If it works, you know the 1st one is a bum card. If the 2nd one is still not recognized and you’re sure it is inserted correctly and completely, then [quoting Spock] “Logic would ditate” the player has an internal problem in accessing the card slot. :wink:

@zapper130 wrote:

Well d’uh . . . the simplest way would be to try another card in the player. If it works, you know the 1st one is a bum card. If the 2nd one is still not recognized and you’re sure it is inserted correctly and completely, then [quoting Spock] “Logic would dictate” that the player has an internal problem in accessing the card slot. :wink:

Tapeworm, thanks for that information but would have to buy another disk right??? Which I was planning on doing that after I do what ever else I have to do first.

You say you bought it at Best Buy, didn’t you? I’d take the player in, tell them the problem and ask if they have another card to try to verify whether the card is bad or if it’s the player. Either way, you should be able to exchange whichever isn’t working right then and there.

Worst case scenario, you buy another card from Best Buy, take it home, try it and then return it along with your player if you determine the player is defective. Otherwise, you’ll be returning the (1st) bogus card, and you’ll already have the replacement. :smiley:

Bought it at Amazon $30 cheaper, the player that is.