Sansa Media Converter.

boburanus-

Excellent find on the winavi application.  Hey, they bottom line here is to share our findings in the hope of having a better experience for everyone, right?

But I feel compelled to mention that in a two party system, it’s rather pointless to blame the Republicans for every problem we have.  Bulldogging the system is a sport played by both parties, with the requisite blame on the other side of the aisle.  Look long enough at the whole picture, and you’ll see that corruption knows no specific party.  There are other differences that I will refrain from delving into, as these touch upon human nature.

As for SanDisk and the Sansa Media Converter, rest assured that they are trying to invent a better mousetrap.  The proof is in the successive iterations of the SMC, one from ArcSoft, and one from InterVideo.  It gets really nasty when you take into account that we are all running different computers, and the installed codecs and operating systems will fight eachother.

The repair involves subvendors, rights, and negotiations from a corporate side.  Heavy stuff.

I have found that installing a codec pack like k-lite or CCCP, the latest Quicktime, among others, gives the SMC the tools it needs for proper conversion.  On my particular system, I have a standalone version plus the 4.236 I/V release.  I prefer the usable photo cropping tool for the e280, plus it is happy with the Fuze.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: